-Twenty- || -the Thrid task-

Jade, Charlie and their father walked onto the Quidditch field, which was now completely unrecognizable. A twentyfoot-high hedge ran all the way around the edge of it. There was a gap right in front of them: the entrance to the vast maze. The passage beyond it looked dark and creepy. Molly, Bill and Harry were close behind.

Five minutes later, the stands had begun to fill; the air was full of excited voices and the rumbling of feet as the hundreds of students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, andthe first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid, Professor Moody, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman and the champions. They werewearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid, who had his on the back of hismoleskin vest. Reed, Cassie, Toni and Toni's boyfriend Pierre stood together the first three supporting Jade—half of Reeds face was red, Cassie had a red star on her eye and Toni had 'Jade' written across her face— Pierre looked slightly out of place and he held up a sign supporting Fleur.

"We are going to be patrolling the outside of the maze," said Professor McGonagall to thechampions. "If you get into difficulty, and wish to be rescued, send red sparks into the air, and one ofus will come and get you, do you understand?"
The champions nodded.

"Off you go, then!" said Bagman brightly to the four patrollers.

"Good luck. Harry, Jade ," Hagrid whispered, and the two of them walked away in different directions, to station themselves around the maze.

Bagman now pointed his wand at his throat, muttered,"Sonorus," and his magically magnified voice echoed into the stands.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! in first place, with eighty-five points - Miss Jade Weasley of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sentbirds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points- Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute and Mr. Harry Potter, of Hogwarts!" More applause. "And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

Jade waved to her friends and family in the stands.

"Good luck, Fleur, Vic," Jade nodded to the champion her own age before turning to the youngest of four. "Good luck, Harry."
Jade stood at the end of the maze.

"So...on my whistle, Jade!" said Bagman. "Three - two - one -"He blew his whistle and she ran into the maze. There was fork in the road, and Jade ran left. And it reminded her of an odd saying her dad had "when nothing goes right go left."

A second whistle was blown. Harry and Krum were now in the maze.

A figure that continued to switch shapes was five yards away.

A boggart.

The bodies of her family, friends and Fleur appeared. Fleur was on the top of the pile her eyes gouged out and throat slit. The other bodies had similarities only differing slightly.

"Riddikulus!" She shouted. The bodies reanimated starting to dance like the thriller music video. Despite how wrong it was, Jade laughed. "Excuse me micheal Jackson."

A third whistle was blown. Everyone was in the maze.

The dark blue sky faded to complete darkness. The stars illuminated the sky.

"Point me south," Jade whispered, looking at the palm of her hand. She came from the north meaning, if she continued to work her way south for a little bit, she'll find the cup. Theoretically it should be in the middle of the maze. Right?

She ran through the twists and turns of the maze trying to go as far south as physically possible, she heard a distant female scream. Fleur. But as she went to go find her she saw the sparks in the sky, she was ages away and one of the teacher would get her. She knew she would be safe.

She kept going but a noise behind her made her turn and she hit full force into solid. Someone solid. Krum, his eyes were clouded over and something wasn't right. The red head fell backwards and landed at an awkward angle she heard a crunch as she landed and a burning pain at her wrist. When she looked down the bone was slightly poking through and she was nearly sick in her mouth.

She looked up at Krum who was looming over her, he drew his wand which distracted Jade from her wrist but the pain she felt there was nothing compared to what she was about too. "Crucio" he murmured and she writhed in agony it was pain like she had never felt before. She screamed but it kept going, she was shaking violently on the ground her wrist hitting the ground exposing the bone with every hit, the word was starting to go silent and it suddenly stopped.

When she was able to catch her breath she looked up and saw Krum on the ground with Harry above him sending sparks into the air. Even though she was physically weak she tried to stand up with minimal success. "Just stay down"Harry asked worried for her.

"N-no"she said weakly tripping over words. "I need to try and win, o-or at least help you."

"But your wrist Jade-"he tried again but was shut down by the girl still trying to get up "—shut up and help me dumbass"she groaned outstretching her right hand which held her wand for Harry to help her up which he did. She had his arm over his shoulders much like earlier in the day but this time he was supporting her, "for a minute I thought you were just gonna leave me down there"she said airily trying to catch her breath.

"For a minute so did I"he admitted as they turned the corner and saw the cup, they approached it and Jade let go of him just barely being able to stand.

"You take it, you deserve it"Harry nodded to the cup, he wasn't wrong she needed the money and the eternal glory would be nice but she couldn't. He was the only reason she got this far.

"I can't you take it, your still standing and there's hardly a scratch on you."she shook her head and gestured him to take the cup, but she didn't.

"Together? It'll still be a win for hogwarts and I really don't need the money"he suggested and she couldn't really object even though she really wanted too.

"Together"she nodded and they both leaned for the cup and just as Harry touched it Jade did not. He deserved the win, she looked down at her arm the bone still poking out and the blood was starting to make her feel sick. She raised her wand in the air and shot up the red sparks.