-Nine- || -Dragons-

Jade was sitting with her friend group in the library with a multitude of books surrounding them, Charlie had visited so she knew the first task was dragons just by process of elimination and Hagrid's inability to keep secrets.

It was now that Jade really wished she had payed attention to Charlies rants about dragons but of course it had to bite her in the arse now.

"Any ideas"Jade face planted an open book in front of her because of this her voice came out muffled. "Can we get favouritism points from you dad Reed because I don't have a clue."

"I'm sorry isn't your brother a dragon trainer ask him! Plus I'm not talking to my dad because he's a dick. And I don't want anything to do with him whatsoever."Reed explained with gritted teeth at the end part, his relationship with his father was never a good one.

"He's not aloud to help me"Jade pouted lifting her head from the book and sighing. But suddenly Toni's eyes lit up with excitement like she'd just had an idea. "What?"Jade, Reed and Cassie all asked at the same time, all recognising that Toni had an idea.

"Okay so we know Dragons, but we don't know what is happening with them. So I've had an idea, I recon it'll be more than just fighting a dragon I think you'll have to get something from it. Like treasure in muggle story's dragons always guard treasure"Toni explained taking in their looks of understanding and shock. "So from all this reading we know that a dragons week spot is it's eyes, so I say you learn the conjunctivitis curse to stop it, but we don't know what it will do afterwards. Dragons are unpredictable what if it went stomping around and broke what you we're trying to get?"

"I don't know where your going with this but I'm liking the direction it's going in."Jade shook her head in awe of her best friends dedication and knowledge. Plus Toni was great and predicting things- not in like a divination way because she hated that subject with every fibre of her being but Toni Barker never lost bets- so she had to be right and Jade was willing to take the risk.

"So if you have to collect something cast a protection charm over the prize so it can't break it. All you would need to do is cast the protection charm from a distance then get close conjunctivitis hex grab and go, try not get burned." Jade nodded slowly taking in the information, it was a solid plan.

"Easy peasy!"Reed snapped a book shut rather loudly cause Madame pince to shoot him daggers. "Yep I mean if Charlie can do it how hard can it really be?" They all eyed her suspiciously, "yeah I regretted that the moment I said it."

A/N

Short chapter bc the last one was over 3k and i don't have it in me to write that much again.

First task should be 1k or over hopefully.

I love jades friend group but gotta say Reeds my favourite 🥰 I want to edit Polaroids of my babies

Word Count: 535