-Twenty Three- ||- family dinner -

The Weasley family sat at the dinner table waiting on Percy and Jade, Percy had work whilst Jade was moving into a flat in London with Toni and Fleur, Pierre was going to move in with Toni but she chucked him mercilessly and now had a secret boyfriend she wouldn't tell Jade about...

She burst through the door quickly kicking off her shoes and running into the room "so sorry I'm late—where's Percy?"she asking noticing her older brother's absence.

"Work"Ron muttered bitterly "how long do we have to wait before we can eat?"

"We wait until Percy gets here."Molly snapped at her youngest son while her oldest daughter took a seat next to Ginny, "it's not like him he's usually on time"she looked at the clock where his hand said 'work' just as she said that it moved from 'work' to 'travelling' to 'home' as Percy walked through the door.

"And Perce what time do you suppose this is?"Jade asked sarcastically as he took his place at the table. "I know, I know, but I have news"he explained. Ron no longer waiting began eating followed by everyone else.

"As do I," Jade said proudly earning a curious look from most of the family. "You first"Percy nodded approvingly in her direction.

"So as of today I'm officially an Auror"she beamed at the table "passed my last test today, and Kingsley was even more impressed that I could do it crippled"she laughed lightly. Her shoulder had gone back into place but with all the heavy lifting for moving into the new flat and the strains of training it came out of place again and she did further damage trying to act normally,

"Oh well done dear"Molly Responded proudly.

"I knew you could do it kid"Arthur smiled.

"You put a lot of effort into it well done"Percy smiled clearly wanting to share his news. "Right your turn"Jade beamed at her older brother, people always assumed she was closet to either Ginny or Bill and they weren't wrong but Percy and Jade had a strong bond, they told each other everything he told her when he started dating Penelope Clearwater because she would be the only one who wouldn't make fun of him. He also told her when he broke up with Penelope because he had feelings for Oliver Wood because he knew there would be no judgement.

"I've been promoted!"Percy announced excitedly, fixing his tie "you are looking at the new junior assistant to the minister of magic himself" he said rather pompously expecting a big reaction, Ron simply nodded at at him and the twins weren't even listening.

"Well done Perce!"Jade smiled to her older brother even though she knew what it meant even if he didn't. Their fathers face went void of emotion while their mothers wore a sad smile.

"You do know he's using you Percy."Arthur Weasleys voice was grim, shallow, low, so very not like him and it scared Jade slightly. It seemed to catch the tables attention. Ginny was looking at her feet her leg bouncing trying to ignore it, the twins for once didn't have a smirk, smile or grin painted on. And Ron was wide eyed and pale.

"He is not. Father your just jealous I've made it higher up in the ministry in two years than you have in thirty. All because I have ambitions that you don't."Percy spat shooting daggers down the table to their father. Rows weren't uncommon in their household but Dad or Percy were never involved. This was foreign, unusual even.

Jade began nervously picking at the skin on her knuckles watching the scene unfold. "Percy Ignatius Weasley don't you dare talk to you father like that!"Molly bit back, tears forming in her eyes and Jade couldn't tell if they were angry or sad tears.

"The only other person in this family with the slightest bit of ambition is Jade!"Percy continued and hearing her name Jade looked up wide eyed. "She competed in the Triwizard tournament and damn well nearly won, she completed Auror training. And me I'm one of the highest in the ministry at 19! You've been in the same department for years."Percy threw his fists to the table standing up.

"Percy you seriously don't believe all the ministry's lies, their manipulating you to spy on us."Arthur followed his son standing their anger threatening to bubble over, Jade hadn't seen he4 father this mad since flourish and blots in her fifth year where he got into a physical fight with Lucius Malfoy.

"They are not manipulating me!"Percy argued his voice raised "the ministry is simply spreading the truth to combat Harry Potters lies."venom laced his tone all colour was drained from Ron's face at the mention of his best friend.

"Don't you bring Harry into this—" Molly started before she was cut off by Percy.

"—I will bring him into this, you all would rather believe him on something so ridiculous than trust your own son to do the right thing?, you seem to forget mother Harry isn't actually your son. Maybe you should care more about your actual family."and with that Percy collected his things—his wand and brief case—and left. He stormed into the garden and disaparated.

Molly broke down crying with his words and her husband comforted her while the rest of the family sat there in shock.

"Give it an hour and I'll talk to him"Jade sighed pushing her plate away "I've lost my apitite sorry mum."