-Twelve- || -The Yule Ball-

A weeks before the ball Jades mother had sent her a beautiful blue jumpsuit with gold detailing. It was obvious that it was expensive she she was so in love with the outfit she just had to wear it too the ball.

Everything felt right, Reed did her hair, she borrowed some of Cassie's jewellery and she was going with Toni- she never had feelings for Toni but it felt nice to be herself.- all her friends and family knew the plan, Lee Jordan was going to get a photo of the spite kiss. And Reed was going to get a photo of Rita's reaction.

They formed a group in the Gryffindor common room, Reed ran over to the stairs just as Cassie came down. "Ladies and Gentlemen, Jade Weasley tonight's main event!! Sorry Harry"everyone laughed including Harry who was sitting on the arm of a sofa.

Jade walked down the stairs to see her friends and family all looking up to her and clapping, in that moment she felt truly happy, she was surrounded by people who supported and loved her. Loved the real her.

---~*~---

McGonagall was looking for Harry and Jade frantically but looked relieved when the pair came in with their dates looking happy, "there you are, Weasley, Potter. The champions dance first, Miss Weasley and Miss Barker you'll lead us in as the host school with Mr Potter and Miss Patil behind you," she pulled them over and placed them in the line at the door. "Next Miss Delacour and Mr Davis"

Jade felt her heart sink. She new Fleur was straight but she didn't realise it would hurt this much. And of all people Roger Davis. Seriously. But what Jade couldn't see was Fleur's face when she walked in, a mix of jealousy and pride that showed for a split second.

"Next Mr Krumm and Miss Granger, great you all look wonderful."Professor McGonagall smiled at the champions and their dates before walking up to the front where Jade and Toni were "I'm proud of you both. Make sure you show skeeter how much you don't care"she whispered.

"Thank you professor"Jade bit her bottom lip and smiled at the professor holding back tears.

McGonagall opened the the doors the reveal the great hall packed with people, the decor was beautiful and everything seemed perfect.

They walked in, there was was whispering but Jade didn't care. She couldn't care less, she wasn't letting anything get to her, Toni pointed out Reed Bagman and Lee Jordan standing very close to Rita Skeeter and her photographer. With small muggle cameras.

The champions began the first dance of the night and when they were done they were supposed to get photographs for the news paper. Jade and Toni knew this was the chance. So once Harry and Parvati moved on they got ready in front of the backdrop. She could see out the corner of her eye Reed and Lee splitting up.

"Okay get ready in three two one"the photographer muttered and they made it look like they were going to pose normally before changing it. They started the kiss and flipped off Skeeter.

Click
Click
Click

Three cameras took pictures. But Jades favourite by far was the one of Skeeters shocked face. There was cheers and applause from everyone watching, even McGonagall was cheering with Dumbledore.

They moved on and walked over to Reed and Lee who were standing with Cassie, the Twins, Ginny, Neville, Ron, Harry, Hermione and Krumm.

"Your pictures"Reed quickly used a duplication spell and handed out the photos of the kiss and Skeeters face,