Chapter Forty-Four

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Forty-Four: See It To The End

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

 ⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩• ̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

March 1980

With Lily's pregnancy progressing, Romina spent a lot of time with the expecting mother. She tried to help out as much as she could, while still going on trips for the order and working full time. Her relationship with Sirius was still strong, though the couple rarely had any alone time. Romina knew Sirius understood the reasons behind why she was rarely home when he was, and while it hurt - because it did, he really did understand.

Hours at work were becoming longer with each passing day and Sirius found himself rarely coming home until the late evening hours. Most nights, by the time Romina came home, he was already passed out in their bed. She would watch him for a few minutes, a soft smile on her face. He always looked so innocent when he was sleeping.

The war was beginning to take so much from everyone. Nobody was safe from the destruction being forged by Voldemort and his followers. Families running, going into hiding and leaving everything and everyone behind. Romina felt her chest constrict at the thought of possibly having to leave her life with Sirius behind. If it would save his life she would do it without a second thought.

Currently, Romina was making some tea in James' and Lily's kitchen, a soft hum beneath her breath as she listened to the expecting couple whisper to eachother in the corner. James had a rough day at work, and only had a few moments to spare before heading back out on a scouting mission with Sirius. Romina frowned when Sirius didn't step out of the floo with James but knew he probably wanted to shower and take time to himself in the privacy of his own home.

The kettle had just begun to whistle when a gentle rapping started at the window. James got up, not wanting his wife to move from the comfortable position she had been in. Upon receiving the post, James quickly provided the owl a treat before furrowing his brows. He didn't recognize the creature who made the delivery but the writing on the envelope belonged to his father, Fleamont.

"Everything alright, James?" Romina sauntered over with a mug of tea for Lily before looking over at the male expectantly. The moment the parchment was unfolded in his hands, James' skin had become so pale it was almost translucent. Romina quickened her pace to his side, "What happened?" She asked him once more, he had still not said a word in response. The silence was starting to get to Romina, and judging by the look on Lily's face - the redhead was feeling the same way.

"Mum and Dad are sick. They're in St. Mungos."

Romina frowned. "What?" She knew she had heard him right the first time but the cogs in her brain starting freezing up, the thoughts in her head turning to dust.