Chapter Twelve

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Twelve: Another Birthday Rose

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

J A N U A R Y 1977

The usually grassy knolls surrounding Hogwarts were covered in thick, white snow. Romina found herself uncharacteristically giddy as she strolled through snowfall in the courtyard on her way to herbology.

It had been two weeks since school started back up and she was more than grateful to be back at Hogwarts and out of the manor, far away from her brothers.

"Why do you look so happy? What's happened? Avery call off the wedding?" Regulus teased from beside her.

"Knock it off! Don't ruin my day!" Romina giggled, throwing her hands up in the air as she spun around. She opened her mouth to try and catch snowflakes on the tip of her tongue, though at the strange looks she was receiving she quickly stopped. Her hands tucked back into her robes and the serious look, the one she usually donned, replaced the smile.

"We can't have rumors swirling of Romina Lestrange being happy, can we?" Regulus teased once more, nudging his friend as they finally stepped out of the snow and into the herbology classroom.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"Have you girls any idea what you'll do after next year is over? After Hogwarts, I mean?" Romina glanced up from her journal, where she had just been furiously scribbling about. She wanted to keep track of everything going on. Mainly, she wrote about Regulus and her brothers, some entries about Avery, and the secret meetings with the Gryffindor girls she had come to care so much about.

"I think I want to go into training to work as a healer." Lily admitted sheepishly. Though everyone knew Lily was extremely smart. If she wanted to become Minister of Magic, Romina would support her.

Marlene, on the other hand, shrugged. She snuck a piece of treacle fudge into her mouth before closing the box and slipping it back into her bag. "I think I want to go wild after graduation. Just a bit, anyway. What's that saying you've told me is big with the muggles, Lils?"

"Which one?"

"I think it was like...knitting crazy something?"

Romina giggled, covering her mouth in hopes that she was not too loud. Her eyes darted around to double check that Madame Pince did not hear her outburst.