Chapter Thirty-One

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Thirty-One: The Restricted Section Part 2

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩• ̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

J A N U A R Y 1979

The new year began quickly and Romina found herself spending more time in the library. While for the most part she was studying for her OWLs, she was also trying to catch Regulus. Tonight was no different except for the fact that it was getting close to the beginning of curfew and she had already tucked herself away in a hidden alcove with the invisibility cloak draped over her entire body, hidden from the rest of the students and teachers passing by.

She tried to control her breathing, though was finding a hard time because her nerves were completely shot. Her hands rested at her sides as she watched students from each house weave their way in and out of the aisles around her as they exited the library to head back to their respective houses.

She held her breath the moment Madam Pince stepped before her. She had to keep reminding herself that she was invisible and safe, and even if she was caught, Madam Pince would probably not give her a detention.

The moment she was finally alone, not another soul in sight, the breath she had been holding escaped her mouth as she brought new air in through her nose. She made her way closer to the back wall, glancing around nervously. She was still covered in the invisibility cloak but still felt panic with what she was about to do.

The moment she got closer to the restricted section, Romina paused and watched Regulus slink out of the shadows with his wand in hand. He carried with him one tiny black book, something that looked similar to her old journal. Romina watched in silence, curious as to how he even got into the restricted section to begin with.

He whispered an unknown spell and before she could think twice about the consequences, Romina rushed forward to get through the gate right behind Regulus before he could close it without her getting in.

She couldn't remember the last time she took a deep breath because she was starting to feel a little lightheaded and claustrophobic. She gently leaned into the nearest shelf, her eyes remaining trained on Regulus as he started reviewing a large book wrapped in pristine leather.

She slowed her breathing even more the moment Regulus turned his gaze in her direction. She was terrified that he had figured out someone was watching him. She silently prayed that he would go back to reading the book in his hands, closing her eyes to calm herself down.

When her eyes reopened, she was staring into the dark cloudy ones belonging to the boy she thought she would have by her side until they were both old and gray. She knew she still had the invisibility cloak on, but there was something about his gaze that made her feel seen.