Chapter Forty-Two

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Forty-Two: The Wedding

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

 ⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩• ̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

N O V E M B E R 1979

"You look breathtaking, Lils."

Romina stood behind the blushing bride, who was seated at the vanity nestled safely in the corner of the Potters' guest room. The duo had chosen for their wedding to be a small, intimate affair. The backyard of the Potter residence was the perfect location.

Romina smiled warmly, her fingers finding the last curled lock of red hair before she pinned it up to finish the look. "James is going to really be a sobbing mess once he sees you." The younger girl smiled, stepping back as Lily pushed herself from the chair to now look at herself in the full-length mirror.

"The poor thing." Lily teased with a laugh, twirling just a bit before pausing to look at her reflection. "Am I mad, Mina? For doing this? Now?"

Romina shook her head urgently. "No." She stepped forward to embrace her friend, "I mean, you're mad for marrying James-" she paused, grinning wickedly as she teased Lily, "only teasing, but really no. You're not mad for marrying the love of your life during a war. Everyone has been looking forward to this."

Lily giggled, willing the tears away as she hugged Romina tightly. "I just wish my family came...I mean, I know we don't get along a-and they don't understand nor care about-"

"You don't need to try and explain. I don't want you to let that negativity affect your special day. Now sit back down and let me touch up your makeup." Romina urged Lily back down before fixing up her makeup.

She worked in silence until it was her time to get dressed. By the time she exited the bathroom and walked back into the guest room, Lily was standing there ready with a large smile. "Oh, not to toot my own horn but Merlin! That dress looks great on you. I made a good choice."

Romina let out a laugh, playfully giving a twirl so that the skirt picked up off the floor and billowed out around her ankles. The dress was a deep gold made of a tulle. The bodice hugged her chest tightly, slightly pressing her breasts upwards to accentuate her cleavage. The skirt was loose, flowing free straight over her hips. There were loose straps that draped over her shoulders, and although the dress was not very winter-esque, the two girls both fell in love the moment they had spotted it.

"That's what warming charms are for!" Lily had explained with her signature giggle.

"Bloody hell."