Chapter Twenty-Three

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Twenty-Three: Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

N O V E M B E R 1977

The first two months of school passed slow. Atleast they did for Romina. She struggled to keep her focus while sitting alone in the back of every classroom to put distance between herself and the other Slytherins. Since their first night back at school, and the blow up in the corridor with Regulus, they had surprisingly left her alone.

Boarding in the dormitory that originally belonged to James was helpful. She had no reason to return to the dungeons, and only had to deal with seeing them either in class or in passing.

She just about begged Professor McGonagall to turn a blind eye when she sat with the Gryffindors table during meals. A green snake hidden within a sea of red lions was the talk of every hidden alcove in every single corridor. She ignored the whispers of gossip. She got tired after hearing three different versions of the story of what had apparently happened over the summer.

Currently, she was laying in front of the fireplace in her room, dressed in a set of plaid pajamas that helped keep her warm. The beginning of this winter season was especially cold, almost a telling of the hard times to come. Everything was changing. Some of the change was good, but that good change was only because of something bad.

It seemed to be a never-ending cycle.

"What the bloody hell is happening in here?"

Looking up at the intrusion on her quiet time, Romina let out a laugh as she saw James standing over her with his hands on his hips.

"I'm cold and tired so I'm laying by the fire. Why is that so weird?" She questioned him with a raised brow.

"Well, for starters, it's Friday afternoon. We have a party to plan." He sighed, collapsing down beside her, and stretching his arms up over his head. He would agree that laying by the fire felt quite nice.

"His birthday is tomorrow. Do we really need to do any real planning?" Romina closed her eyes once more and let out a soft hum.

"She asks if we really need to plan! Do you hear that people?" James groaned dramatically.

"James, there's nobody else in here. Stop talking to yourself." She teased, a laugh escaping her lips as she looked back over at him.

"Alright, alright." James chuckled, holding his hands up as if to say, 'you got me, I'll stop'.