Chapter Ten

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Ten: Strange Feelings

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"Reg, wait!"

Romina let out a sigh as her best friend gathered his things in a hurry and rushed out from the classroom without so much as a second glance. She couldn't get rid of the sinking feeling in her stomach that this would not be easy for him to get over. Her gaze then turned back up to Professor Grigorsky, maintaining eye contact for a moment before the older woman called out for the class dismissal.

Romina watched as the students around her walked by, staring at her, and whispering amongst themselves. She sighed loudly as she picked up her bag and slung the strap over her shoulder.

"Romina, dear," Professor Grigorsky stepped over to the young girl, resting a hand on her arm to stop her from leaving. "Please choose wisely."

"Thanks, Professor Grigorsky." Romina gave a nod before rushing out of the classroom. Fumbling with her robes and scarf to prepare herself for the harsh winter winds, the Slytherin made her way through the crowds without so much as a glance up. Focusing her eyes on the stone floor beneath her, she found herself walking briskly out into the courtyard before she raised her head.

Regulus was a creature of habit. He always enjoyed walking by the black lake, no matter the time of year. Tightening the scarf around her neck as a chill ran down her spine, Romina rushed forward once she was able to spot the boy she was looking for.

Unfortunately, he was heading in the direction of a particular group of boys who were not fellow Slytherin.

"Regulus!" she called, her voice breaking slightly as the emotions began flooding her system. The tallest figure in the background belonged to Remus Lupin, and she knew the moment she saw the figure lounging on the ground beneath a large cloud of cigarette smoke that it was Sirius. Regulus had his sights set on his older brother and Romina knew why. She wasn't sure how she was going to get out of this one.

"Regulus, please!" she called again, almost tripping over her own two feet as she tried to make it to him before he made it to the marauders.

"Romina?" Remus had called out to her, squinting to get a better look at the girl who was chasing after Regulus who was stomping over to – ­Regulus. Shit.

"Uh, Sirius, your brother is on his way over and he does not look happy."

"He never looks happy." Sirius guffawed.

"No, I'm serious."

"No... I'm Sirius."

Peter stood there awkwardly, glancing down at Sirius before looking back at Remus before turning to James. The blonde was looking expectantly at the leader of their little motley crew – as if James Fleamont Potter would be the one to be actually serious.