Chapter Thirty-Eight

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Everyone You Love Is Gonna Die

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

 ⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩• ̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

A U G U S T 1979

"I don't think I'm ready for this."

Romina was sprawled out on Sirius' futon with her now infamous favorite light reading material - the latest print of Witch Weekly - open and laid out across her stomach. She was gnawing away at the inside of her cheek at officially joining the Order.

She was still quite fresh out of Hogwarts and now truly understood why they had all kept this secret from her. The fear was festering deep within her belly, bubbling up and eroding the lining which only caused her to feel nauseous more often than not.

"Yes. You are more than ready." Sirius looked over at her, a small smile on his lips as he reached over and took her feet to gently lay them across his lap. He had given up most of his space for her on his trusted futon and now with her legs across his lap he could spread his own legs and relax more.

"I'm not. I don't think I'm cut out for any of this. What if I mess something up? Or what if I'm the reason someone gets hurt?" Her voice started to break as the worry only got worse.

"Mina," Sirius leaned over more and now placed his hand upon her knee. His touch pulled her attention from the ceiling and the moment her brown eyes fell in with his, she could no longer keep the the tears at bay. There was something comforting about the way he looked at her, she couldn't deny that. But the emotions rising within her were strong.

"You are going into an extremely dangerous career. You are the most meticulous person I have ever met. Even more so than Lily." Sirius told her, his hand squeezed her knee before he started to pull away.

Romina reached down and grabbed his wrist. She pulled his hand closer to her waist and laced her fingers with his before he continued.

"Right now, you are just going to be the orders eyes and ears. After all, you get to travel more than the rest of us. And like I've said in the past, wherever you go, I go. Now I won't be me, but Padfoot will be able to adventure with you on some of your missions. I promise." Sirius gave her hand a squeeze before he nudged her forward just a bit, squeezing his larger body against hers on the futon.

They stayed this way, in silence, for the remainder of the early evening hours. If Romina had her way, they would have stayed there - just like this - all night long. But she knew that it wasn't possible. They had responsibility to not only the order, but their best friends.