Chapter Thirty-Nine

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

• trigger warning: this chapter contains sexually explicit material•

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩• ̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

By the time the sun began its ascent into the early morning sky, Romina had already been awake for quite some time. She fell asleep shortly after all of her tears were cried. The sensation of being held by Sirius helped her entire body to relax into the short slumber. And when her internal clock decided it was time to wake up, the dark haired girl slipped out of her boyfriends arms and made her way into the living room of his flat.

She knew he had cried just as much as she did the night before and she did not want to wake him. She made herself a cup of tea, tucking her feet beneath her as she huddled on the windowsill in his living room. It was fascinating to watch the muggles rush around on the street below, everyone fighting to get to their jobs on time. She found that she was rather curious about their methods of transportation. It seemed like many people either walked to the subway, or rode their bikes.

Romina felt the muscles in her legs aching at the thought. Thank Merlin for the floo and apparition, she found herself thinking with a smile on her face. She moved to lean her temple against the glass, sipping at her tea and doing whatever she could to not think about Regulus. She knew that when Sirius woke up, she would have to tell him as much as she could.

The horcrux situation needed to remain a secret, atleast for the time being. So as she sat there, willing away more tears that threatened to burst, Romina thought of what she would tell not just Sirius, but everyone else as well. She knew nobody would pester her for any details, other than Sirius, so she assumed she could just say Regulus was doing research into the weaknesses of the Dark Lord. That pretty much summed it up, without giving too much away.

"Mina?" Sirius' hoarse voice echoed throughout the flat as he got up from the bed in search of her.

By that point, she had already finished her tea and moved to uncurl her feet from beneath her before she met him in the hallway leading to the bedroom. His eyes were just as bloodshot, rimmed with red, irritated plump skin, as her own were. She slipped her hands along the sides of his face before wrapping her arms around his neck. Sirius brought his hands to her waist as he held her close against him in a tight embrace.

"I didn't want to wake you, but I couldn't sleep." She admitted in a whisper, fingertips gently grazing the base of his skull as they began to sway slightly side to side. "I-" she stopped herself and pressed her face into his neck. She was already beginning to cry again and she hated that. She wanted to be stronger. Not just for her own sake, nor for Sirius', but for Regulus.