Chapter Twenty-Four

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Twenty-Four: Power Over Me

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

D E C E M B E R 1977

If she thought time was moving fast leading up to Sirius' birthday, the weeks to follow would surely send her in a tailspin.

There was only one day left before the Christmas holiday. Romina, though she was so graciously invited back to the Potter residence to celebrate with them, decided to stay at school. She knew that her emotions would get the best of her, and she didn't want to embarrass herself. Spending Christmas with a loving family that was not her own would be too painful. She just hoped they would understand.

Staying at school was giving her the ability to focus on her studies and even enjoy some alone time. The latter was something she rarely got anymore. James was so obsessed with including Romina in everything, she was almost surprised when he didn't fight her on staying here alone for Christmas. But she wasn't going to say anything that would end up changing his mind.

"Are you sure you'll be okay here?"

Lily looked up from packing her bag for the Christmas holiday, her green eyes studying Romina as the girl was sprawled out on Lily's bed, absently playing with her hair.

"Yes. Of course I'll be okay. I mean honestly I'm going to enjoy the time alone. And with staying in here, I don't have to worry about anyone bothering me." Romina reassured Lily with another smile. She sat up and leaned on one hand as she continued watching Lily pack her things.

"Only if you're sure. It's not to late to pack and come with us to the train, you know."

"Lily, I will be fine." Romina laughed softly. "I don't want to talk about me anymore. Let's talk about you. And James."

At the insinuation of her and James, Lily's cheeks that were normally pale were now sporting a bright red tint to them as she closed the bag and dropped down on the bed beside Romina. "What about us? I mean, there's no us... not really."

"Not yet?"

Lily sighed though soon after a giggle escaped her lips. "No. Not yet." She shook her head. Romina could sense she was thinking about the situation, and couldn't help but tease her further. "Well, did you give him a date yet? The poor bloke is dying on the inside. He's seriously prepared, he's ready at the drop of a hat to take you out." The brunette told her, a smile forming on her lips as she watched Lily's face soften at the mention of James' excitement.

"I told him after Christmas." Lily finally blurted out. This admission earned a girlish squeal from Romina who clapped her hands together.

"Oh, that's so exciting!"