Chapter Fifteen

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Fifteen: The Journal

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Trigger Warning: Violence

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

J U N E 1977

The rest of the school year passed by awfully quick. Romina met with Lily and Marlene each week, and even spent some time with James, Remus, and Peter. Sirius, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found.

The group offered him forgiveness, which Romina knew was all he really wanted and needed. There was a part of her that felt sick at the thought that he was purposefully avoiding her. Did she do something wrong? She thought back to the last time they had talked and couldn't put a finger on what she could have done or said that would make him want to not speak with her. He kissed her hand, and he was gentle with her but she cursed herself for feeling those bloody butterflies again. This was ridiculous.

She was currently aboard the Hogwarts Express, lounging in the compartment she usually tried to grab - yes it was always the same one and she could not offer a reason for why she always picked this one, she just did. Her hands holding open a book on divination in her lap.

"Haven't you read that one already?" Regulus spoke up from his position across from her.

"Yes."

Regulus watched her, curiosity getting the better of him. "So why are you reading it again?"

"Reggie, I like divination. I like reading. And I like this book. You know I could ask you the same about quidditch."

"What about quidditch?" He questioned.

"Well, why bother practicing if you know you're already good at it?"

"That is not the same thing." He fought back, a sigh escaping his lips as he watched her close the book and stuff it back into her bag.

"Yes, it is. You practice in hopes that you will become even better at something you're already good at. I'm good at divination, to be frank, I think I have the gift. So, it's only right for me to want to read and learn as much as I can so I can nurture this gift."

"You really believe in that stuff?"

"We've known each other for sixteen years, Reg. Don't you know me better than this? Asking stupid questions, it's not like you." She sighed in return. Her arms crossed over her chest as she turned her attention from him to the window.