Chapter Nineteen

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Nineteen: The Beatles

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

The next morning, bright and early just like James had said, Lily and Marlene stepped out of the fireplace. Lily's bright green eyes studied the room, looking for Romina, but only finding James and Sirius standing in the doorway.

"Where is she?"

"She's still sleeping. Moony, too." Sirius spoke up, breaking James out of his daze. The boy was shell shocked that Lily Evans - yes his Lily Evans - was standing in his sitting room. She was in his house. Maybe she would even see his bedroom.

No, stop, don't think of that yet, Potter, he thought to himself. He got nervous almost instantly as they made eye contact, far from the confident boy he was yesterday.

"Mum made tea and is getting ready to cook some breakfast. Come in, stay awhile." James joked with a soft chuckle, moving towards Lily and Marlene. He was hoping the girls could not see through his nerves. He hugged Marlene first in greeting, glancing over his shoulder as he watched her saunter off to greet Sirius next.

He then turned to Lily and sighed, "Thank you for coming. It'll mean a lot to he-" he was cut off the moment Lily flung her arms around his shoulders. He didn't think twice before wrapping his arms around her in a returning embrace.

"Thank you, James. For opening up your home to her." The redhead whispered softly, giving him a quick peck on the cheek as she pulled away. James was blushing furiously, the words he wanted to say not forming right on his tongue.

Lily didn't seem to catch on, walking past him to greet Sirius.

"I won't tell you how she is because I don't know. I think it'll take some time. But I know she'll be happy to see you girls today." Sirius told her, giving her hand a squeeze before they turned to face the doorway where Euphemia stood.

"Oh!" The older woman smiled widely. "You must be Lily. And Marlene, too!" She brought the girls in for a hug, the smile never leaving her face as she called over to James to get the table set up. "If you girls would like, take this tea up to Romina. She's in the guest bedroom, second door to the left."

Lily nodded eagerly, taking the tray and heading right up the staircase with Marlene following behind her.

With a gentle knock, Marlene opened the door and let Lily in first. Romina was already awake, standing by the window and staring out into the large back yard. She turned slightly as the door opened and smiled to the girls as they entered.