Chapter Twenty-Five

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Twenty-Five: Unwanted Clairvoyance

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

J A N U A R Y 1978

Christmas with Sirius was something that Romina never thought would mean so much to her. It was never about gifts, but she would be lying if she said she didn't get completely giddy when Sirius presented her with her first pair of bell-bottom jeans. She immediately realized he must have been listening in on her conversations with Marlene and Lily and that thought made her heart skip a beat.

They spent Christmas night stuffing their faces with sweets and firewhiskey - both of which Sirius was able to obtain by sneaking to Hogsmeade. Romina put up a fight when he wouldn't let her come with him, but the moment he tossed her the package of treacle fudge she quieted down and forgot all about the fact that she was annoyed at him for leaving her behind.

"How was your Christmas?" Lily looked up from the most recent copy of The Daily Prophet, a worried look was on her face, but she soon shook it off when Romina started talking.

"It was nice. The castle was fairly empty, I never really realized how very little of our classmates actually stay for the holidays." Romina sighed softly, glancing up from her own reading. Instead of a copy of The Daily Prophet, she was reading her divination text. After everything that happened, she became even more engrossed with learning and understanding the art of divination. She no longer had to worry about Regulus making fun of her, or Avery teasing her about her belief in fortune telling.

"And?"

"And what?"

Romina closed her book over her hand, keeping her place in the text this way since she assumed she would go right back to reading. It was slowly becoming apparent that Lily had other plans.

"Sirius stayed with you." She grinned, "For you."

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're implying." Romina looked down for a moment, knowing full well that her cheeks were bright red. Her skin was warming up from embarrassment, and at this point she could feel the heat radiating from her own body. She had promised Sirius that she wouldn't tell anyone about their kiss... and the dozens that followed the first one. Sirius did not want a label placed over their relationship and Romina, though slightly confused, agreed.

"Romina!" The redhead shrieked loudly, tossing the newspaper over her shoulder and jumping over onto the couch the dark-haired girl was occupying.

Lily grabbed the book from her hands and left it open, pages down, on the table. "How was it? Did something happen? You're blushing!"