Chapter 52 : Pushed

Chapter 52

The next day...   

Riker POV

I avoided looking at Mark for all of breakfast. And I barely talked too. Same for lunch.

Rocky wanted to talk to me upstairs in our bedroom, so that's where I was now.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I have an idea to help you stop cutting."

"What is it?"

"We could make there be a punishment if you cut. Like if you cut, then you have to go in the pool, since you don't like water."

I frowned.

"I don't know if I like that."

"You're not supposed to like it. That's the whole point."

I sighed.

"Is it a deal? If you cut, you have to go in the pool?"

"Fine."

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, come down here, please!" Mark called.

I was getting really annoyed with him. I walked downstairs and found him in the kitchen.

"I want you to help me make dinner tonight. We're barbecuing."

I was silent.

"Come help me prepare the chicken."

I sighed and walked over. I did everything he told me to do, but I didn't speak the entire time. When it was finally done, he went outside to start cooking. But I went upstairs and locked myself in the bathroom.

I'm so mad at him. I'm mad he grabbed my arm right on my burn, I'm mad he's forcing me to do stuff with him, I'm mad he's forcing me to eat at every meal and hang out with everyone. And I hate that he's being unreasonable and not giving me time to settle in here. I 100% don't trust him.

So I took out my blade. I'm just going to do one. That's it. Just to make me feel better.

I slid the blade across my wrist and then jumped, hearing a knock on the door.

"Riker?"

It's Rocky.

"Yeah?"

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine."

I quickly put 2 bandaids over the cut and came out, but Rocky was waiting there for me.

"Let me see your arms."

"Why?"

"Because I'm worried you were cutting."

I stayed frozen, not saying anything.

Rocky took my hands and pulled up the sleeves of my shirt.

"Riker, you're bleeding."

"Please can I not go in the pool?"

"Riker, we had a deal. I don't want to be hard on you, but I need to for this because you can't be cutting. You have to break that habit. Go change into your swimsuit."

I sighed and then slowly walked to our bedroom and got changed into one of my swimsuits and a rash guard so nobody would see. And then I followed Rocky out to the pool.

"How long do I have to be in there?" I asked.

"5 minutes. That's all," Rocky said.

"Promise I won't drown?"

"I promise. You'll be fine."

I walked over to the edge and looked down at the pool. It looked deep.

"What are you guys doing? Going swimming?" Ryland asked, walking over with Ross.

"No, just Riker. And he's not really going swimming," Rocky said.

"Are you going to get in?" Ross asked.

I ignored him and kept staring at the pool, trying to somehow find the willpower to jump in.

"Rocky, you should push him in," Ross said.

"I can't do that to him, Ross."

"I can!"

"Ross!"

I hit the water hard and it kind of hurt. Water went up my nose and I started flailing around, trying to get to the surface, which I did after a few seconds. Once I wasn't underwater anymore, I managed to grab onto the edge and I held onto it tight.

"Ross, it's not funny," Rocky said.

I could hear Ross laughing.

I held onto the edge and moved closer to the ladder so I could get out. I know it hasn't been 5 minutes, but I was furious. That wasn't ok.

I got to the ladder and climbed out.

"Riker, your arm," Ryland said.

I looked down and that one cut I'd made earlier was bleeding through my rash guard sleeve.

I can't do this anymore. I'm done. I can't deal with Ross, and Mark, and everyone pressuring me.

I pulled the rash guard over my head and threw it on the grass.

"What happened to your wrist?" Ross asked.

I turned and stormed inside. I went straight to the front door and went out. And then I started running in case someone was going to try to stop me. I don't know where I'm going, but wherever I end up, I hope the Lynch's aren't able to find me.