Chapter 45 : Beach day

Chapter 45

The next day...   

Rocky POV

So our first day of vacation was going to be a beach day. No surfing. Just hanging out at the beach and in the ocean.

Riker barely ate breakfast. He was too nervous of the ocean.

After breakfast, we all got changed into our swimsuits, and then we could go hang out outside.

Riker was wearing one of his new swimsuits and a rash guard. But he was sitting on his bed with his knees pulled to his chest. So I went and sat down beside him.

"I know you're scared-"

"I can't do this," he whispered, starting to cry.

"Riker, it's going to be ok. I won't let anything happen to you, ok? I promise. You're safe," I said, putting my arm around him.

Riker turned and wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me tight. I could feel him trembling.

"Riker, it's ok. You're ok. Nothing will happen to you. I promise."

"I don't want to."

"I know. But we're having a beach day today."

"Can we just ask Stormie if I can stay here?"

"Riker, if you don't go to the beach, she'll probably find out you can't swim. And if she finds out, she will 100% make you learn how to swim. I think your best bet is to just go to the beach."

I rubbed his back slowly until he calmed down again.

"Do I have to go in the water?" He asked, quietly.

"Eventually. But you don't have to go all the way in, ok? Just up to your waist, how about that?"

He didn't answer.

"Riker, I promise. I'll keep you safe, ok? Don't you trust me?"

"Yes, but I'm scared!"

"I know. But you can do this. I know you can."

"Ok..." He whispered.

He let go of me.

"I think I need to unwrap my burn because if the bandages get wet, they'll just come off."

"Ok, do you want me to do it for you?"

He nodded.

"Ok."

I pulled up the sleeve of his rash guard and then carefully unwrapped his wrist. I pulled his sleeve back down and threw out the bandages.

"Ready?" I asked.

He shook his head no.

"Come on. You can do it," I said, reaching my hand out to him.

He took my hand, so I led him outside. Our siblings were playing frisbee in the sand. Riker just wanted to spread out a towel and sit down, so I did the same.

After a while, I was getting really hot, so I got up to join our siblings, who were now in the ocean. I knew Riker didn't want to come.

It felt really nice to cool off. The sun is so hot today.

After hanging out in the ocean for a while, we all got out because we were hungry. Mom and dad set out some stuff for lunch back at the beach house.

I walked over to Riker. His bangs were stuck to his forehead because of how sweaty he was.

"We're going to get lunch. Do you want to come?" I asked.

He shook his head no.

"Do you want me to bring you anything? You look hot," I said.