71: Steps

He kissed my hands in the cold of winter. He always did that every morning when he was here, and here he was. Our bodies cuddled into the position we fit perfectly in.

Luca was ready for the Super Bowl. It was this week, meaning he was practicing every moment. Building up his strength but making sure now to tire himself out. He spent weeks practicing for this game, and Coach knew he was ready. He did too.

He had spent the last couple of days in and out of the weight room, watching endless layers of film. All I knew was that whatever happened this week, he still had me. If the game slipped away from him and he didn't return with a trophy, he still had the people he loved in life. And we would never leave him.

"I'm so in love with you". He said, burying his head into my chest. His favorite and warmest place to be.

I pulled his face out, as he stared at me with a giddy look. "You're so beautiful". He said, distracting me as I released my pull on him and he returned his head.

"You're gonna have to come out of there". I said, looking over at the clock. It was five minutes till four, when he would be rushing out to the gym.

"I was thinking maybe today I could work on some cardio". He said slyly, his voice still muffled as he started kissing down my stomach. I felt shivers down my spine as his warmth spread.

"Cardio?" I mumbled.

"With you... in bed". He said, as he lifted the covers and pulled himself on top of me. His weight was comforting, never suffocating. It felt good to be touched everywhere, to have every inch of skin touching other skin. It felt warm. Fulfilling. Safe. And most importantly home.

"I was thinking after the season ends we could go away on a vacation". He said muffled under the sheets as I moaned at his actions. His peppered kisses down my legs were sending me into a frenzy.

"Where would you like to go, bella?" He asked, as his fingers braced my entrance and he went on talking as if he wasn't driving me mad. He pushed his finger through my entrance as I gasped.

"Where?" He asked again, as a second entered and I stopped trying to speak and just let him wonder and continue his magic.

I mumbled out words as he lifted his head up, slivering up my body as his lips covered mine, just as his alarm went off. But I was too entranced to understand it, as his hands slid down my body and my lips were claimed as his.

"We're getting married... soon". He said, as his other hand played with the strands of my hair.

"How soon?" I asked. Knowing I hadn't ever dreamed of being married let alone having a wedding. My dreams consisted of helping others ever since I was little, and in my twenties.

But I knew what he meant. He had the resources to pull a million dollar wedding out of his pocket, but we didn't want that. Nothing we ever did was public, it was personal and sweet.

And everyone that I loved and wanted to be there lived in a radius from us, and would rush to wherever we were having it.

"I want to be married to you as soon as possible". He said, smiling slyly. He had some rather possessive tendencies.

"As soon as possible... wow... you sound very desperate".

His hands brushed back my hair, as he let out a tsk.

"Oh Bella, I am". He said, plunging down to my lips and leaving off of the bed, finally reaching for his alarm clock.

"What do you think about the ceremony?" He asked me, seeing where my head was.