15: Miss You

"You have to promise me, don't go off with anyone else except for Luca or I", I told him as he sternly received the lecture, the tenth time this week. I knew he had those words engraved in his brain, but I just wanted him to be safe. He was a curious kid, he liked venturing off and following the music, or the things that intrigued him and over this week so many things would catch his eye. Like for instance football, but I hoped having Luca close that he would stay attached to his #1 hero.

My worst nightmare would be him getting lost, if you turn for a split second and those kids can be gone. I had dealt with cases in my training days, where I had to stay with the parents as they waited for their kid to come home or be found. And now as someone responsible for a child, it was the worst to think about.

"I promise" he held up his pinky and I interlocked mine with his as I searched for my key, I finally found the culprit. And I jingled the key into the keyhole, I opened the apartment slowly, hearing strange noises from the living room.

"Ray, go outside", I said, making sure he hadn't seen what I had seen with my bare eyes. After seeing the view that was displayed over the living room, I wished I had waited outside with Ray. Our favorite couple was making out on the couch, topless and pantless. The day just couldn't get better than this.

Their faces were scowled with embarrassment as they grabbed their clothes.

"I'm sorry", they both said, covering themselves with their clothes to save face and rushing to the bedroom. Young and in love misfits, they must've forgotten the time too. I just shook my head and headed out the door again, to see Ray sitting against the wall on the outside.

"Was Ally in there?" He asked, as I shut the door behind me.

"She was", I gulped harshly, hoping he would back away from the question podium. I don't know if I could handle the next one, he had heard the sounds too. I was sure of it.

The door swung open, as Allen rushed out the door, not even closing it properly. He looked so embarrassed as he saw us both standing there, he was probably even more embarrassed about what I had caught them doing. Ally had told me he was a bit shy.

Allen raced to his car with his fly still open, his hair was a mess and he looked like he had just had sex. And likely he did, on my poor, poor bed and my second bed, the couch.

"Call me", Ally yelled and swung the door open of the apartment and he looked at her directly and got into the car. She kept waving as he tried starting his car but he didn't even notice, he was too embarrassed by the act of getting caught, normally that turns people on. But Allen was shy, and I guess he was also shy with his body.

"I'm so so so sorry, I thought you guys were coming home later", she whispered over to me, as she gave Ray a big hug. I could tell it in his face that he missed her, even if he spent the night at his hero's home, nothing was the same as our little home, and the people that ran it. That's another reason why I couldn't just pack up and move in with Luca, I would miss the family we created so much. And besides, I hadn't lived with someone else, other than Ally since I lived at home.

How would he get used to the little things I did? The little rearranging I did and the fact that when I was stressed, I deep cleaned. Deeply.

It was too quick, he was trying so much, but it seemed to me that he had never really been in a real relationship on the track that he's going he'll be saying he loves me next week. I wanted us to take our time, no rushing, just walking slowly into the feelings and atmosphere of it all.

"Where's your car?",she asked, looking around the parking lot and in the fit of all the excitement, my car was still in Luca's million-dollar garage. I was so glad I wasn't the one to park my own car which cost around $5,000 and his cars buddying up next to mine that were in the $100k to 500k range. I just knew my car was having major insecurities.