69: Awarding Love

My body craved to be touched. It had been a week. A very stale week. Luca had been gone for practice for what felt like an eternity, his next huge game was two days from now which meant he was on edge. And he was cutting me off.

Now for me when I get stressed, I do or partake in the best reliever that comes to mind: Luca. But, he isn't here for me to help him. How much I wish I could. He wasn't due back until right before his game. It was the semifinals tomorrow and Luca was on edge in every way.

And because of this issue at hand we had had many phone calls and facetimes that lasted far too long then they should've. But I couldn't help it. Not sleeping beside him was eerie.

But today was a special day... a special occasion. The award ceremony, where I would be presented an award. I was honored truly, but it couldn't have fallen on a worse weekend. Especially because Luca wasn't here.

Which is why... he currently had no idea about this ordeal. Meaning my amps of energy and hype came from a kid and my best friend of too many years.

"I like the black". Ally said, toying with the remote that laid on the bed. Ray wanted the other dress at the moment, he liked the sleeves of it all better.

"The red". He said, pointing to it as he fell back on the bed. "Thank you both for your contributions". I said trying to decide between each one, with pulling sways from each side.

"Okay fine... I think the red makes you look bold... but still beautiful. I'll fold for the red". Ally said, losing to a kid as he smiled happily. The doorbell rang, just as my phone did. Ally took the hint as I went for my phone and she went for the door with Ray.

"Luca". I Said, just excited to hear his sweet serenading voice.

"I missed you... I miss you". He repeated, engraving those words in my mind forever and a million times more.

"I like the red..". He said, in a seductive sultry voice and as I looked up at the little camera in the corner of the room I waved. And laid the red out on the bed.

Luca and I had revived our camera obsession, well a very special camera that only connected to his phone. It led to some very interesting phone calls.

"The award ceremony's tonight... isn't it?" He asked and suddenly mouth seemed to be frozen in place. How could he have known?

"How did you-?" I asked, a little uneasy still not understanding how his delivery of his special lines could make me swoon.

"You stuck it on the fridge... I look every once awhile". He said, and I remember attaching myself to the pretty card they had sent me and sticking it on the fridge was the best option.

"Luca... you have wedding invites in your drawer. I had no idea you looked at it". I said, still combustible as to why he was bringing this up.

"How come you didn't tell me?" He asked and I wasn't sure what to say. If he sounded distraught if he could care less. I knew it was a big weekend for him, and he needed zero distractions and I was one of them.

"It's just a stupid award ceremony... I don't even know if I'll get something. You've been so busy this week... I really didn't want to worry you about not coming".

I was a liar in a supposed to be honest and fair relationship. My mind was screaming at me. Luca was easily my biggest supporter... I didn't want to test out just how far he would go to show just how much he believed and cared about me. I knew I was winning, hence I was being invited. And I already had the plaque. But at that time Luca and I were living in a house that had a fictitious imaginary line drawn down the middle. Each inmate sticks to their side. We were prisoners in our own home. By the time we had gotten back together... I realized the date of my award ceremony. And he was so happy... I knew they needed every practice to win this. He was proud of how far they had come. He was proud of what they were set to win.