Chapter 19

"Oh, my lady! How could my daughter display such disrespect towards you...!"

The butler belatedly grasped the gravity of the situation, finding himself lost in thought. His wife, too, knelt on the cold floor, earnestly apologizing.

"I-I'm truly sorry, my lady! We're prepared to accept any punishment for our misdeed!"

Contrary to appearances, it wasn't Mia who committed the offense, but rather those who neglected to greet her first.

However, Reina chose not to escalate the matter and felt relieved that the butler's family had safely reunited.

Observing their flustered state, Reina found it somewhat amusing. In the past, she had found it burdensome and uncomfortable when the butler was shocked and terrified.

However, lately, she had grown accustomed to it, and the desire to tease him resurfaced.

"Well, it depends on what Mia does."

With a clenched fist and an ambiguous statement, Reina left the expressions of the two in uncertainty.

"What?"

It appeared as if they were attempting to conceal their true feelings.

'What's with this reaction? Could it be... she can't cook well?'

No, considering the butler's personality, if that were the case, he would have begged for forgiveness on his knees, even attaching a begging mat to his forehead if necessary.

If that were the situation, then conversely, Mia must be an excellent cook.

'Acquiring a suddenly skillful butler, a cultivation specialist, and a talented cook—does such remarkable luck even make sense?'

Granted, it was a world within a game, where common sense didn't necessarily apply.

Yet, the convergence of these coincidences was undeniably exceptional.

In the midst of it all, it felt absurd to obtain exactly what was needed, especially for someone like her, the ultimate antagonist.

'...I thought this was impossible.'

Shortly afterward, Reina, having sampled the food prepared by Mia, found herself rendered speechless. Despite expecting a hastily made dish due to Mia's quick delivery, it was far from the case.

Mia appeared to inherit the butler's dexterity, exhibiting a surprisingly swift cooking speed.

"What is this?"

"It's a simple chicken sauté."

A straightforward explanation for fried chicken, but the taste was anything but simple. The chicken in the mansion resembled frozen jerky, yet Mia managed to transform it into something delectable.

"... It's sweet, savory, and tender. I can't fathom how you made this with what was in the food storage."

The texture was vibrant, and it carried a delightful hint of sweetness, arousing Reina's appetite.

"This maintains a certain temperature thanks to the flame you, my lady, have created. I stir-fried it with a sauce made by simmering apples with honey."

Mia, evidently a sociable type, shared the secrets of her cooking with Reina. Although Reina couldn't decipher the entire recipe, one thing was certain.

"Mia, would you consider becoming my exclusive chef?"

Please, Mia was a talent that shouldn't be overlooked, absolutely, without a doubt.