Chapter 9

"...Heek!"

"Kku-ek?!"

Why on earth are they like that...?

Everyone, who was trembling in fear and anger, stood still.

Rostin, who was also about to rush out to punish Reina, was the same.

He was so shocked by the unexpected sight that he wondered if he was hallucinating, stopping abruptly to assess the situation.

Suddenly, feeling a chilling wind on their scalp, the humanoid demons that had been roaring and foaming, their once rough heads and bodies now smoothed, scattered in shame and could not overcome their humiliation.

Reina, who made them lose their pride and even the meaning of life, shrugged and mumbled to herself.

"I only intended to disarm them, but unfortunately, it turned out like this."

Even so, was making them all bald a bit too much?

Yeah, who asked them to rush at anyone?

After working hard since dawn and finally trying to take a break, why did they bother someone who's just minding their own business?

-Why...?!

A somber voice echoed in her head. It seemed taken aback.

-Why didn't you kill them?!

The voice was angry. It was bitterly resentful that she hadn't followed its instructions.

Who are you?

"Is there a need to kill them? If we disable them from attacking, that should be enough."

- But it would have been easier to kill them!

No, what are you talking about?

Are you crazy?

What's convenient?

"If you kill them, you have to clean up their bodies, and who's going to do that?"

The coachman, shivering in the cold and frostbitten?

No, it would be her.

She'd probably spend days and days cleaning it all up, tongue lashing and complaining, but the coachman, oblivious to Reina's inner thoughts and the conversations going on in her head, was unexpectedly moved.

"Princess...!"

Naturally, she thought that, as a servant, he would be the one to clean up.

'It's not even funny. Especially with this body that can't do anything.'

She didn't have to ask, it was obvious. She'd be out there all day, shaking and fainting.

It was so obvious that she was going the cussing old lady route, not the final boss of the game.

"Besides, I'm not a killer, so why bother?"

Of course, 99% of the reason was that she found cleaning up troublesome, but no one knew about the angry voice and her feelings in Reina's head. Meanwhile, the knights who came to subdue the monsters were vigorously discussing on one side.

'What, what!'

'Why did the demon king make the monsters bald...?!'

'This is undoubtedly a horrifying act, but she did drive out the monsters... Could it be that she's not the Demon King?'

'That's what it looks like.'

Considering that she uses black magic, it seems likely she's the Demon King.