𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨

Del stuffed Jakes shirts back into his bag. You would think the world being shit would at least teach him to pick his clothes up off the floor.

"You hungry?" Rick nudged her with a can of tomato soup.

"I'm okay." She whispered, setting Jakes backpack down gently to not wake anybody.

"You should eat." The look he gave her made he know that he knew.

She gently took the can, thanking him.

"You know, when Lori was pregnant with Carl, she hated soups, any canned food."

"I don't really have much of a choice," he chuckled, sitting next to him on the floor.

"No, you don't," he laughed.

She stirred the spoon in the can, taking a sip of it.

"Daryl told you?"

"No, Michonne."

Del glanced over at a sleeping Michonne.

"She cares about you a lot." Rick stared at her too.

"She cares about everyone a lot. That's why I love her. She would die for any of us."

"Yeah, well, you especially."

Del smiled softly, staring back down at the can of soup. She every time it went quiet she thought of Beth, of how lifeless she looked when Daryl carried her out. All her worries and stress would bare down on her every time it was quiet, every time she was left with her thoughts.

"Rick, I don't mean to put more stress than you already deal with on you but... What do we do from here? I mean, Beths dead. I'm pregnant, theres no resources here for a pregnant woman."

"I know, I know. I've been thinking about moving spots. It's tight space here and we need to find you a safe place. A place where there can be doctors or a gated place. This church can't hold all of us forever."

Del pursed her lips, sniffling as she set the can down.

"What ever you choose to do, I think is the right choice. You have kept us alive a long time."

"No, it's wasn't me. You survive if you're strong and smart, and you are." He looked over at her. She gave him a half smile, gently kissing his cheek.

"Thank you," she whispered before standing, making her way to sleep next to Jake.

: ̗̀➛

Del crouched by the trees as the morning sun had began to shine. She pushed her hair back as she vomited, trying to catch her breath in between each gag.

"Oh, god, sick!" Jakes voice came from behind her.

"Should I get somebody?" Carl asked. Del gasped, squeezing her eyes shut and shaking her head.

"No, god. Why are you two up?" She groaned.

"Everyone is getting up." Jake covered his nose from the smell of puke.

"Great," she said sarcastically as she stood, brushing her jeans off. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, almost gagging again from the taste in her mouth.

"Everything okay?" Daryl jogged down the church stairs with a look of worry. Del put up a hand to signal she was fine.

He glanced at Jake and Carl, nodding towards the church.

"How bout you two head inside and get some breakfast."

"I'm not hungry." Jake shook his head.

"That wasn't a question."