𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚

Before

"And you?" The therapist tapped her pen on her clipboard. All eyes fell on Del. She hated this. She hated it so much.

"Delilah. Alcoholic I guess."

"Hi Delilah." The group said in unison.

"Jesus Christ," Del whispered under her breath.

"You don't seem to be enjoying it here, Delilah." The therapist said in a condescending tone.

"I'm not. Who the hell enjoys being here?"

"People who want to get help."

"I don't belong in a rehab."

"That is okay. That is how you feel. Good start. Why do you think you don't belong here?"

"I'm only here because my sister already paid for it."

"Okay, let me ask a different question. Why do you think your sister thinks you belong here?"

"Because she is a control freak."

"And why do you think that is?"

Del put her face in the palms of her hands. This was pointless. Asking her a bunch of empty questions that nobody in that room really gave a shit about the answer to... All of them would leave that rehab and do drink or get high again.

"Turn on the tv!" A nurse busted into the room.

"We are in the middle of a-" The therapist started but the nurse turned it on anyways. The news channel flickered on. It showed helicopters flying above the city, people screaming.

"This virus has seemed to make people attack others viscously," The news woman started, "They have military and-" Someone jumped on her, pushing her to the ground. Her shrieks filled the room. Screams rang out.

"Oh my god." Del stood, everyones eyes glued to the tv.

"What's going on?" An older woman questioned.

"That virus the CDC was talking about. Let's not panic-" The therapist started.

"They're eating her!" A man cried. The camera showed the woman being torn apart, her flesh ripped from her body. Del felt sick to her stomach.

: ̗̀➛

Now

Del was shaking, the sun beat down on her head. She held the kids next to her sides closely as they entered.

"Welcome to Terminus!" A voice boomed. They all looked around to see people on tops of buildings staring down at them, guns at the ready.

"Please go straight ahead, you will be greeted there!"

They all glanced around at each other, continuing to walk forward.

"Hi! Welcome! I'm Mary!" An older woman stood at the edge of one of the buildings. A dark haired man next to her. Behind them were people, cooking, laughing. Del glanced around at all of them, searching through the faces.

"And i'm Gareth. Welcome. You are?"

"Abraham Ford, Eugene, Rosita-" Abraham started. Del could feel the people on the tops of the buildings still staring down at her.

"Glenn, Tara and Del." Glenn finished off for him.

"Amazing, now I just have to ask one thing before you enter, you have to give up all weapons."

Del stared at him. Tara was the first to comply.

"Why?" Glenn questioned.

"Well because we don't know you and we don't accept any weapons inside the walls."