𝙣𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

: ̗̀➛
"Good morning." I gave David a soft kiss on his forehead. He looked at me with sleepy eyes, smiling.
"Just ten more minutes."
"Okay." I giggled. I got out of bed, pulling my clothes on. I attempted to comb my fingers through my wild hair before stepping out the cell. Daryl sat on the top of the stairs, his eyes following me. I felt like I was wrong. I just walked past him quickly, I could feel his eyes burning into me.
I stepped out into the chilly morning air, hearing the door swing open behind me. No.
"Del," Daryls gruff voice called out to me as I began walking along the fences.
"Not now."
His footsteps caught up beside me, I still didn't look at him.
"You ain't gonna talk to me?"
    "Daryl, it's too early for this."
"Okay." He said so nonchalantly it caught me off guard.
He continued walking beside me, lighting a cigarette.
"What?" I sighed, realizing he wasn't going to go away.
"I'm just smoking my cigarette. I'm not talking."
I stopped, giving him an are you serious? type of look.
"Don't be a smart ass."
"You don't wanna talk, we ain't gotta talk."
"Jesus Christ, Daryl, it's like six in the morning."
"I didn't know being up early was an issue for you now." He blew smoke from the corner of his mouth.
"What are you talking about?" I sighed, so tired.
"You get up bright an' early for him but can't have a conversation with me?"
I furrowed my eyebrow at him, shocked by his childishness.
"Are you being serious right now?"
"I told you I was sorry about leaving and you still dodge me."
"Nobody is dodging you-"
"It's cause of him. This ain't about me leaving."
"What are you talking about."
"You know what." He was so relaxed with the conversation but it made me feel nervous.
I rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hands, groaning at having to have this conversation .
"You're stressing me out."
"Fine, you wanna shut the conversation down, do it... All i'm gonna say is you look pretty damn miserable since he came back." He tossed his cigarette to the ground, stomping on it. I watched him walk away, racking my brain of what to say, but I couldn't defend myself.

: ̗̀➛

       I rubbed my temples, shutting my eyes as I took in the morning silence, trying to get my headache to go away. Thinking about what Daryl had said.
"Morning." Beths soft voice.
"God, good morning guys." Jake stood beside her, baby Judith in her arms.
"Can you watch her for just a second? Daddy asked us if we wanted to go to the library with him. I know y'all cleared out the halls but... you never know."
I smiled gently at her, at her sweetness, opening my arms to Judith.
"Thanks dude!" Jake called out as they took off running. I just shook my head, smiling. Judith laid in my arms, so sweet looking.
"What do you do with babies, hm?" I giggled. I couldn't look at her face and be upset.
She smiled at my voice, making me almost forget about life going on around me.
"Oh, that's a beautiful smile!"
The sound of someone clearing their throat made me jump.
"Sorry to scare you." Rick looked down at Judith. I was surprised to see him. He seemed.. gentler.
"No, you're fine. The kids just asked me to watch her while they go to the library."
"I can take her off your hands." He softly grabbed her. I had only seen him hold her once. It made me happy. He was so calm.
"I don't mind watching her Rick." I tried not to sound too concerned about him. I was scared for him, the way he had just lost it. He looked at me like he understood my concern.
"I'm fine." He reassured.
"Okay... It's good to see you, Rick."
He smiled weakly.
"Thank you."

: ̗̀➛

"I don't think you should go." I shook my head, pacing back and forth while I bit my nails.
"I'll be fine, Del," David tried to reassure. He climbed in the passenger side of the pick up truck, Rick driving.
"The last time we tried to make a run into town..."
"That's not going to happen, Del."
"Yeah, because he'll kill you if he catches you." I said bluntly. He knew I was right.
"I got him, Del. We'll be back before sundown," Rick spoke up. I bit down on my lip, wanting to say no, but him being with Rick did make me feel better.
"Okay. Just the baby stuff and back here, okay? I just got you back."
David smiled and agreed, giving me a quick kiss. Watching them pull away from the fences killed me.
"He'll be okay," Maggie tried to comfort me, "Let's get back inside. Daddy wants to read some of the bible with us."