𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

Del stuffed anything and everything into her backpack, a cigarette hanging from his mouth. Everyone had been avoiding her, which she didn't really care. She knew she made them feel bad. They all pitied her.

Michonne stood at the end of the isle, handing her a little blue packet.

"What's this?" She puffed on the cigarette.

"A test."

"Michonne," she groaned, rolling her eyes. She was irritated she was so persistent with it, maybe because she was terrified of it being true.

"Just take it so you know. There's a bathroom
in the back."

Del debated, looking at the little packet made her heart pound. Should she tell Daryl? She decided to wait until she knew the answer.

"Okay, but come with me."

: ̗̀➛

"Ok, it should be ready." They stared down at the counter. The test was face down. Del wasn't prepared to look at it. Her stomach was in knots. Maybe Michonne had just filled her head with pointless anxiety.

"What do you want it to say?" Michonne questioned.

"What? Negative. I can't have a kid, Michonne."

"Okay, but before we look, just remember no matter what it says you will be okay."

Del swallowed, inhaling and turning her back.

"Just tell me." She covered her face with her hands.

"It's negative."

"What?"

"Negative. You're not pregnant."

"Oh.. You had me worried for nothing."

"Sorry..."

Del pushed the door of the bathroom open, feeling so much relief off of her. A twinge of sadness sat in her chest, and she didn't know why.

She shook the thought out of her head. She never had wanted kids, especially not in this world. She already had Annie and Abel to take care of, and she could not take it. So much was bearing down on her mind but the thought of a baby scared the hell out of her, but for some reason she felt sadness.

She loved babies. The way they smelled, the way they slept. She didn't love kids, though. She squeezed her eyes shut, rubbing her temples. She couldn't believe she was actually debating with herself on if she was sad or not. It was becoming too much. Why were all her emotions so intense? Why did she have to feel every emotion through her entire body?

"Hey. Ya okay?" Daryl popped put from behind a shelf. The worry in his eyes. She couldn't help it, falling into his arms and clinging onto his shirt. She could feel Glenn and Maggies eyes on her as they scanned the isles, but she didn't care.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her.

"What's wrong?"

"Just... Hold me." She kept her eyes squeezed shut, trying to feel nothing but his arms around her.

: ̗̀➛

"We will be back, okay?" Daryl crouched in front of Del. She felt horrible.

"Why do you have to go?" her voice was soft.

"We have to look for Beth, Del."

"Why can't I just come with?"

"No. You needa stay here. You look like ya are gettin' sick again. You have had a hard time. Just rest."

She hesitantly nodded before he gave her a kiss on the top of her head. She didn't want him to go, but she knew him and Carol knew what they were doing. It didn't make it any easier. It hurt because the group had just got back together and now they were splitting up again, and not only that, but it was Daryl leaving. Jake sat beside her, handing her a handful of almonds.

"He'll be okay," he reassured. She smiled at her little brother, his need to make her okay.

"I know."

: ̗̀➛

Del sat with the book in her lap, Annie and Abel on each side of her. She knew it would be a long day waiting for Daryl to come back. She never questioned if he knew what he was doing out there, but every time they were separated her body felt like it was shutting down.

"Is Daryl coming back soon?" Annie braided Dels hair.

"Hopefully. He has to find Beth."

"Who's Beth?"

"My little sister."

"Like how Jake is your little brother?"

"Not exactly the same, but close."

Kay appeared in the doorway, leaning against it.

"Annie, Abel. Maggie and Glenn want to talk to you guys outside."

The kids jumped up, running out the door. Kay came and took a seat next to Del, staring at her feet.

"You okay?" Del furrowed her eyebrows. Kay had a weird look in her eyes. She was deeply sad, which Del would always see, but it was different this time.

"I'm leaving, Del."

"Huh?" She had to shake her head to make sure she had heard her sister right.

"I've been wanting to go for awhile. I want to go find someplace safe. I'll take Jake, Annie and Abel."

"You aren't taking them anywhere," she stood, staring down at Kay, she felt disgusted with her, "Why would you want to leave?"

"This place isn't safe for the kids, Del."

"Nowhere is safe, Kay. You have to know that by now."

"The prison was safe."

"Then why aren't we still there?" She was getting angry. She couldn't believe her sister had wanted to leave her again.

"Del... I want to build a new life. I want a family still, want a husband. I can't do that here."

"You're being selfish."

"Selfish?" Kay laughed coldly. It sent chills through her bones, "I have been so selfless since the day I was born!"

"You think you can just take Annie and Abel, take my brother?!"

"You don't know what you're doing, Del! You aren't made to be a mother! You can't even take care of yourself! You have so much pity for yourself it's ridiculous! You are pathetic!"

"I saved your ass! I am still alive! I saved you!"

"You have murdered people, Del! You are always hurt or sad or sick and it's sad!"

"I did it to survive!" She yelled so loud it hurt her throat, "I did what I had to! You kissed up to daddy even after he died! He would have left you in that goddamn house!"

"You're shoved so far up you and Daryls ass you can't even see you're wrong," kay scoffed, shaking her head. Del felt herself shaking. She bit down on her tongue to keep herself from hitting her sister.

"I can't believe you-"

"Grow up, Del. You want to play house with Daryl and these kids, you don't have a damn clue what you're doing."

"Fuck you."

"Fuck me? Fuck you!"

"Everything I do is never enough for you... I should have let you die in that house."

Those words made Kays face drop. She stood, just staring at her.

"You aren't taking the kids, and you're not taking Jake. You'll have to kill me."

"Fine. Figure it out on your own. Im done, Del."