𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙣𝙨

: ̗̀➛
"They're killing that boy tonight." Kay sat at the kitchen table, not looking up from her bible as I walked in.
"I know."
"You just getting done with your shift out there?"
"Yeah."
"How are they gonna do it-"
"Kay it is way too early and I am way too tired to talk about death right now, okay?"
"Goodnight."
I dragged myself to my bed, throwing all my weight onto my bed. I felt like the second my body hit the mattress that it was made of weights and I couldn't move.
"You want me to cover you up... or at least take off your shoes?" Maggies voice came from the doorway.
"Too tired, " I muttered back, my face buried in my pillow. I felt her pull my shoes off, covering me up.
"Night, Del."

      : ̗̀➛

     Knock. Knock.
I opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep from them as my door creaked open.
"Del?" Daryls gruff voice cane from the doorway.
"Yeah?"
"Just thought I should let you know we didn't do it."
"What?" I yawned, seeing that the sun was going down.
"We didn't kill the boy."
"What? Why?"
"Carl showed up... You think it's a sign? That everything keeps stopping us?"
"Carl? What? He saw it?!" I tried to blink away the sleep, slowly processing the things I was being told.
"He told Rick to kill him." His figure started to come into focus. He looked sad, like he was holding too much.
"What?!"
"We shouldn't kill him, you were right."
I stood, walking closer to him. His face came into focus. His sadness tried to hide but I could still see through it.
"What do y'all do now?"
"I don't know."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah." His lip twitched.
"You're lying."
He just looked down at his feet. He chewed on the inside of his cheek, saying nothing. His entire body slumped with guilt. I slowly pulled him into a hug.
"It's okay." I held him tightly. His fingers gently grazed my back as he held me back. "You're doing the right thing. Anything you choose to do is the right thing. You are a good person."