𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧

: ̗̀➛

2 months later

"Wake up, Hammy had her baby." Jake shook Del awake, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and followed him outside, saying a few good mornings on the way.

Patrick stood, holding the baby pig with a happy looking Carl and Lizzie.

"We named him Pork."

"Super cute guys." Del yawned, smiling at the baby pig.

"I told you stop naming those pigs. They're food." Rick dumped a bucket of water into the pigs bowl.

"Look at its face dad." Carl grinned, showing him the piglet. A smile broke across Ricks face.

"That is a cute baby, but it's still going to make a good dinner someday."

"That's fucked up." Jake shook his head. Del swiftly smacked his arm.

"Watch your mouth."

Jake rubbed his arm, shooting his sister a dirty look as she walked away.

"Been looking for you." Daryl munched on an apple, the hood of a car popped. The oil from his hands stuck to the apple, making Del look at him with disgust.

"You should look for a napkin instead. That's gross."

"A little oil won't hurt anyone. Come on." He lead her to the yard, near the crosses.

"What are we doing?" She questioned as he stopped in front of one. He looked proud.

"Read the name." She stepped closer. There, right next to Lori, was a cross with Eddie carved into it. Del stared at it for a while, fighting away tears.

"You did this?"

"We bury the ones we love. I know you didn't bury him here but I thought it would be good to have something here for you to visit for him."

She smiled weakly, her lip trembling while she threw her arms around him.

"Thank you."

He just held her tightly.

: ̗̀➛

Del laid back, her bible in her lap. The first time she had read it in a while. It felt different. I felt like she was forcing herself to.

"Hey, you mind taking first shift tonight with Daryl in the guard tower?" Tyrese filled up her cell door opening.

"Yeah, you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just tired is all. I can take over your shift after."

"No, you get some sleep. I got it."

"Thanks."

She watched him walk away. Everyday she saw the new faces felt like she was breathing new air. They had began building a life there. A home. She felt so safe behind the walls and fences. Children, families, elderly. She felt like they were all protected there. She imagined if David had stayed alive. He could've found a good girl, someone who wanted to have a family also. They could have began raising kids there. She carried guilt knowing she took that chance from him.

: ̗̀➛

"Wheres Tyrese?"

Del stepped into the guard tower.

"What? Not excited to see me?"

"Stop it."

"He's just tired. Told him I would take over."

"You know I... enjoy your company."

She stood beside him, staring out above the trees, the moon glowing bright.