𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙬

: ̗̀➛

      "I got you guys some water, my sister can make you some sandwiches if you want." I handed Rick and Lori two glasses of water. They softly thanked me as they huddled together, staring at their sleeping boy on the bed.
     "Thank you." Rick grabbed my arm. He wasnt all the way there, I could see it in his eyes.
      "I heard you." I gave him a forced smile.
       The sun had fallen, their group posted up outside. There was a quiet sense of tension and stress in the air.
"You think he's gonna be okay?" Maggie followed me out.
"Yeah.. Your dad knows what hes doing."
"My dads a vet, not a surgeon."
"Better than nothing." I shrugged. Maggie crossed her arms, sitting on the rocking chair. I watched her eyes scan the group.
"You think any of em are cute?" I whispered, a smirk across my face.
"Del!" She giggled.
"Just asking."
"You are so unladylike." Kay pushed the porch door open, her normal sour look on her face. She looked older everyday, and not in an aging way, like she had no life in her.
I sighed heavily, ignoring her as I looked over the group, seeing the glow of a cigarette near a tree, without saying a word I beelined toward the glow.
A man sat, even in the dark I could see the dirt on his tan skin. He smelled horrible. Sweat beaded on his forehead.
"Hello." I smiled. He didn't pay me any mind as he worked on skinning a squirrel. I couldn't help hide the look of disgust on my face.
"Uh, I saw you smoking a cigarette and was wondering if I could steal one from you."
Without saying a word he fished in his back pocket, grabbing a pack out and tossing it to me. I grabbed one.
"Uh, you got a light-"
He tossed a lighter at me.
I lit it and thanked him quietly, turning on my heel to scurry away from the silent interaction.
"You one of Hershels girls?" His gruff voice made me stop.
"Oh, no. I grew up with Hershel and his girls though. My daddy and him spent a lot of their years in the bars together... Im uh.. Delilah."
"Daryl." He held out his dirty, gut covered hand for a handshake. I hesitantly shook it, immediately wiping it off on my shirt.
"Anyway, thanks for the cigarette.."
"Keep the pack."

: ̗̀➛

"Delilah!" My dad screamed, reaching out for me as he got tore apart. My heart pounded. His arms, face, legs, I saw his guts, his flesh.
Wake up.
"Delilah!" His voice echoed through the house.
I can't. I can't. I grabbed my sister, using all the strength in my body that I didn't even know I had to toss her unconscious body over my shoulder, her blood ran down my shirt.
"Delilah!"
     Wake up.
     Wake up.
    "Wake up!" I was shooken. I shot up from my sleep, sweat beaded down my face, I reached out for the figure above me, grabbing them by the shirt.
      "Ah!" Carols squeaky voice made me immediately let go.
      "Oh my god, Carol I am so sorry." The room was pitch black.
      "Its okay.. I came in for a glass of water and heard you screaming."
     I sighed, dragging my hand down my face, embarrassed she had just saw me that way, she probably thought she was shacking up with a lunatic.
     "I'm sorry about that."
     "You know.. I have nightmares too. About my daughter. Horrible nightmares. But God is on our side." She kissed my forehead.

: ̗̀➛