Chapter 20 - Evacuation

We walked down to find Alina sitting on the carpet waiting for us. "Took you long enough!" We all laughed. I sat in the couch with Luna and Rey. Maia sat on the ground with Alina.

I used the Force to give a present to Maia as I took a sip of my coffee. She looked at me in confusion. "That one is for you." I said. "Really? Wow." She opened the gift to find a set of makeup brushes that looked like lightsabers. She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you so much Kylo! These are amazing!"

"Your parents told me you liked makeup stuff and I found these."

"You chose well." She laughed. Alina picked a present up from under the tree. "It's for mom." Rey looked puzzled. She then looked at me and I looked away. "The ceiling looks amazing this time of year." She smacked my arm and I laughed. Alina handed her a gift and she opened it to find a black box. I watched her reaction as she opened it to reveal a silver necklace. It had stars and a moon connected to each other. She looked at me in awe. "Kylo this is amazing. Thank you." She hugged me tightly.

"Alina, I think that one is for you." Rey said pointing to a pink box. She picked it up and opened it. Inside was a teddy bear with a heart that had Alina's name. "I love it!" She said as she hugged it. I was glad to see her smile.

After a while of opening gifts I stood up and got the last one from under the tree. I walked over to Luna who was watching Alina play with her new teddy. "Luna." I said as I crouched in front of her. "This gift was made specifically for you. The children made it and they said that this one was made for you. So I had to give it to you. And I think there is one more for you after this."

She opened the box to find the yarn bracelet the kids made. "Oh this is amazing! They made this?" I nodded with a smile on my face. "Would you like me to put it on you?" She nodded and pulled out the bracelet. I took her wrist and held it out, carefully adjusting the bracelet to her wrist.

I walked over to the bookshelf by the tree and pulled out a book. I walked back over to Luna and set the book on the coffee table. Everyone was now interested in the book. I opened it revealing a white box. "This was saved for you. I was going to give it to you for your birthday, but after last night I thought I should give it to you today." I opened it and took out a silver heart locket. She held out her hands and I placed it carefully in them.

"Go ahead and open it. I think you will like it." She opened it and was speechless. "It's mom."

"And you." I said pointing to the baby. "Oh dad thank you!" She stood up and hugged me. "Now you know she will always be here with you." I wiped tears from her eyes and picked her up, spinning in a circle.

Beck walked in and knocked on the door. "Excuse me, I have some news."

"Come in Beck." I said once I put her down. "What's the news?"

"Some ships were spotted. We need to act quickly."

"We should get going. Rey, take Alina and get everyone away from the village. Stay safe. Beck, Maia, you two are aiming with me on the ship."

"What about me?" Luna asked me. "Get my Tie Fighter." She ran out of the room.
_____
Luna's Pov:
I ran to my room and put on my training attire. I put my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my lightsaber.

I ran to the hanger and told officers to get Kylo's ship ready. I saw him walk in with Maia and Beck. They were still in their outfits from before except Kylo was in his work attire. He wore the outfit with the cape instead of his robes.

"Your ship is ready." I told him. "Good. Hop in."

"Wait what."

"You are going to protect us."