Chapter 4 - Bedtime

After dinner I helped with the dishes. Maia sat on the couch on her phone. She managed to connect to some wifi to call her parents and tell them she's ok. She walked over to me and held the FaceTime call in front of me. "Hi!" I said as I continued the dishes.

"Luna! Are you alright?" Her mom asked.

"Yes, I am ok. Can you call the foster center for me? My phone is dead."

"Of course."

"Are you both being treated well?" Maia hesitated.

"Yes we are." I said. I glanced over to see Kylo Ren leaning on the table. His arms were crossed, his chin upright, staring at me. Right into my soul it seemed like. I felt incredibly intimidated. His face then changed to a relief look. Maia headed back to the couch and continued her call. Kylo Ren walked over to help me with the dishes. "What do you want?" I asked, continuing to scrub the plate.

"I'm just coming to help you. Why are you being so defensive?" He asked with a tone.

"You know why."

"Please. Enlighten me." He said leaning on the counter. I rolled my eyes and placed the plate on the drying rack. "You took me and my friend from my school. You took my consciousness and left me in a room. Alone. Now you're acting as if it's ok. Like if it's a normal thing!" I yelled and whispered at the same time.

"It was the only way to get you on the ship!" He said in the same way.

"You could have woken me up when we got here."

"You would have ran." He said louder. I thought for a moment. I always hated it when he's right causing me to flinch. "Ha! You know I'm right!" He said in the original tone, pointing at me.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I'm going to take a shower." I walked out of the room and into my bathroom. I turned on lukewarm water and began to strip out of my clothes, walking into the shower.

Author's Note: This is from Kylo Ren's POV!!! Also everything is changing from present tense to past tense!

I walked over to Maia who just finished her phone call. She's sitting on the couch and I sit on the ottoman in front of her. "I need to ask you some questions." Chills ran down her spine and she flinches. "Haha, don't worry. I won't torture you. How long have you known Luna?"

"Um a couple of years?" She says shyly.

"How would you describe her?"

"Shy, nice, um smart."

"How many friends does she have?"

"I don't know. I think just me."

"And you?"

"More than that." She said looking at her feet. Colton leans his elbows on his legs. "Why do you think you have more friends than her?" He tilts his head to the right.

"She doesn't talk to anyone. She just sits quietly and watches the rest of us."

"Interesting. Now today, when she talked to me, you were surprised. Why?"

"I've never seen her stand up for herself. Like ever." I was surprised to hear my daughter was shy. The Luna I knew was argumentative and brave. Sometimes a little too much. "Why did you capture us?" Maia asked, continuing to look down.

"Originally, I was only going to take Luna. Apparently, she wouldn't let go of you. So, I had to take you as well." Maia looked at me. I could see innocence in her eyes. Why do you want Luna so much? Is she hiding something from me? I took a deep breath before responding. "I wanted her because I know she has vital information. Where she got it from is a question for another time."

"How did you do that?"

"Hm. The force lets me do amazing things." I laughed as I stood up. Maia remained shocked on the couch, and turned placing her arms on the back of the couch to face me. "How come you haven't hurt us yet? I mean your Kylo Ren, I thought you would have." I stopped abruptly. I refused to respond and took a deep breath trying to contain my emotions. I then continued walking to the kitchen.

After several minutes of silence I finally spoke up. "You should get ready for bed. We have a long day tomorrow." Maia nodded and stood up. Wait where do I go? "Um, where exactly is my room again?"

"To the left of Luna's." I said, continuing the dishes.

Author's Note: This is in Luna's point of view!!!

I stepped out of the shower and covered my body in the soft, white towel. I walked into my room and headed over to my dresser. I pulled out a black cropped tank top, and red pajama pants.

Once I was dressed, I headed out to the hall to find Maia's room. The only problem was I didn't know where it was. I had no choice but to ask my father. I walked into the room to find him on his data pad. He glanced up at me and set the pas on the table. "I'm surprised to see you back" He chuckled. I gave him a mean smile. "I'm wondering where Maia is."

"She's in the room left of you. Do you want me to do your hair? I can braid it or put the products in." I held my hand up to a stand of my wet curls.

"Sure why not. I have nothing better to do." I shrugged. I walked over and sat on the floor in front of him. "What did you and Maia talk about?"

"Nothing." I felt suspicious. Is he lying to me? What is he hiding? I closed my mind so he could not read it. "I think you should start training again. It would be beneficial for you."

"Training? Like as your apprentice?"

"Exactly."

"I don't know. Maia's here and-"

"It would happen in the mornings. Maia won't even know you're gone." He cut me off.

"I will think about it."

"Fair enough." He said without arguing. Soon he was done with my French braids. "I will come check on you soon. I just have some work to do." I simply nodded and walked out the door. I found Maia in the hallway about to knock on my door. "Hey!" I exclaimed. She turned to me walked over. "Hi!"

"Where's your room? Please tell me it's not far. I think Kylo Ren said it was close to mine, but let's face it- I was not paying attention at dinner." Maia laughed  and nodded. She pointed to the door on the left of mine. I smiled and led her into my room. "I hope we can leave soon. But something tells me it will be a while."

"I agree. But isn't this kinda cool? I mean we get to see Kylo Ren! The Kylo Ren!" I stayed facing away from her. Yes. The Kylo Ren who murders people everyday. The Kylo Ren who killed my friend on Jakku. The Kylo Ren who thinks he has power over everyone.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and faced Maia. She was sitting on the carpet cracking her hips and back. "I'm tired so I'm going to bed. I will see you in the morning." She walked up and hugged me. Normally she never did this. I was always the huggy one. He definitely talked to her. But about what? I thought suspiciously. I smiled and waved as she walked out.

I exhaled deeply and flopped backwards on my bed. Keeping secrets from Maia was east. However, being surrounded by stormtroopers and generals, officers, lieutenants, and my father, would make this even more dangerous than it needs to be. Reluctantly, I climbed into bed and faced the wall. Whosh I heard the door open. I turned over to see Kylo Ren advancing towards me.  I gave up arguing and stayed still. He knelt on one knee and placed his arms on the mattress. "Sleep well ok? We have a council meeting in the morning." Ughhhhh I groaned. The one thing I hated most (well after my father) was council meetings. "Fine." I placed my hands on my forehead and turned to face my father.

He moved my hands and kissed my forehead before walking out. It took a while but after scooting against the wall, I fell asleep.
_____
Author's Note: This took longer to write than I anticipated. Sorry if it seems longer. It was only 1.4k words but the spacing made it longer.

Question of the Chapter: Anakin or Obi-Wan?