Chapter 14 - School

Once the bus arrived, I took a deep be before steeping off. Once I was on the sidewalk, I turned and waited for Maia. We walked into the cafeteria so she could get some breakfast. As we walked to the janitorial office Shaw asked me a question, "Why don't you eat breakfast at school?"

"I'm not hungry when I get to school." We walked in and the janitors were shocked to see me. "Maia! Luna! You're here!" The woman said. I nodded. "Yeah but we may be leaving. We don't know yet."

"I hope you stay for a while. You're missing a lot of school."

"It's excused by the First Order." I said as I sat down. "This girl doesn't eat." Maia said sitting down and pointing to me. "Yes I do."

"When?"

"I eat breakfast there, lunch here, and dinner there."

"What do you eat for breakfast?"

"Water and bread."

"Girl that's not breakfast!"

"It's good enough! I'm not that hungry in the morning!" The janitors faces were hilarious. It was hard not to laugh. "So you guys are speaking again?" The woman asked. Maia and I nodded. "So you're speaking again but your mad at each other about food?" We looked at each other and nodded. The bell rang and I walked to my math class.

When I walked in, I saw the teacher was absent. In his place was Rey. My heart stopped. I put my hood up and sat down next to her desk. Why did I choose this seat? I thought to myself. "Hello Luna." My heart stopped once again. Suddenly my hood came off. I turned to her frightened. "Hi." I cutely said. I expected her to be stern and mad about what I didn't to Poe, however she was smiling. "Hey! How have you been?" She joyfully asked. "Good I guess. Um, what about you?"

"I have been looking for you."

"Well you found me!" I said nervously. She could tel I was scared. "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you." I took a deep shaky breath before looking at her. "I'm sorry for what I did to Poe. My anger took over me and I just- I'm sorry." I apologized. She stood up and walked over to me. She sat down in the chair beside me and placed her hand on my back. "I am not upset at you. I personally I believe it happened out of force."

"I'm sorry to say that it didn't. It was all me. The darkness took over."

"Once you learn to balance it out, things will be easier." I was confused about what she said. Normally she says things like, "never think about darkness." Or, "think about Leia!" This however was new. Is she thinking about the dark side? I thought to myself.

We talked for a while and I caught her up on my life. I told her about Alina as usual and how she was my buddy like Cori from Cerrus. I expected her to ask me about what happened on the Finalizer but she never did.

Once the class ended she walked with my to my biotechnology class. Maia was already in the room chatting with her friends. I walked over and sat beside her. Rey walked over to a man at the desk who I soon recognized to be Poe. I was in shock so I swiftly walked over with a gazillion questions forming in my head.

He turned to me with a smile. "How did you? But I thought that you... wait... how are you? But I saw you..." I couldn't form a single sentence. He laughed as I talked or at least tried to talk. "I escaped. How? I would call it a miracle."

"If my father finds out you're here you guys are dead."

"Which is why he will never find out?"

"What plan have you made up this time?" I said as I placed my hand on my hip. Rey and Poe looked at each other before looking back at me. "We... are working at your foster center!" Rey whispered joyfully. I was shocked. I looked at Maia and signaled her to come over. "What about Maia?"