Chapter Forty

Jace's POV

School on Monday is awkward as hell. I sit in my usual seat, but Katie sits on the opposite end of the room. She isn't mad at me, but she knows I'm pissed off at her. I can't help but glance over at her every once in a while. She's been faking a frown the entire class, probably trying to make me feel like I did something wrong, or that I'm the reason there's no more trust between us.

The last time I look over to her, she's looking at me as well, with a stupid puppy dog like face. It pisses me off so bad, I should be the one who's broken up right now, not her. I should be upset that my only friend turned on me without a second thought, over something stupid too. The anger builds up until I feel like I need to get up and run or scream. I stand up pushing my chair back and heading towards the door. She's watching me, fake concern painted on her face.

Just to be an ass, I turn towards the professor and call out, "I have to take a piss. Didn't want anyone getting any weird ideas." The professor waves me off, ignoring me almost completely. I hope she got that the message was for her, and I hope it made her uncomfortable.

I get into the hallway and pull out my phone to call Ian. He isn't at school today, but still, I just need someone to talk to and currently he's all I have.

"Miss me already?" You can hear the smile through the phone when he answers.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a quick session right now. Maybe that's been my problem, I shouldn't have left his house on Saturday without also getting off. "Kind of." I admit, "Your sisters pissing me off. I can't sit in that fucking class any longer."

His laughter is loud on the other end of the phone, "Welcome to my world. There's a reason we aren't close. You doing okay?"

"Yeah" I lie, "...No. I don't know. I'm sorry I called. I know we never agreed to emotional support, just physical but I don't really have anyone, and just needed someone who understood."

"Hey, don't apologize for that. Talking to you is better than sitting with myself contemplating everything I've ever know. Plus, again, I know how my sister is."

I groan, "Ugh, I don't think I can go back in there."

"If you make that sound again, you're going to have to come here."

I felt my face heat up, I have never had someone who talked this way to me, I have no idea how I'm supposed to react, or what I'm supposed to say. But I do know, my body reacts to the way he says those words.

I look around, then hide my mouth with my face just in case anyone is within ear shot. "I may have to come there anyway."

"Oh, you would come, for sure."

That one hits me. Fuck, I am going to have a bigger problem on my hands than I already do. "Damn it, Ian." I drop my head back and look up at the celling trying to contain this boner that I absolutely should not have at school.

I hear him chuckle on the other end, then shift in his bed. "Go to class, Zombie. I'll be here, in my room alone thinking of your mouth wrapped around me... "

Frustrated, that's all I can say. Sexually, mentally, physically, frustrated. "Fuck you." I laugh before hanging up on him and walking back to class.

Fuck, and I have to see Josh after school. Ugh, this is going to end up being a very romantic night with my hand.

---

Therapy today was annoying; Dr. Jewell just continued her whole "you need to forgive him" rant. She better forgive me when I end up punching a hole in her wall. The jog to the shop from her building calmed me down a bit, but it wasn't nearly as long of a jog as I needed. So, I stopped to smoke, trying to clear my head before stepping into the building.