Chapter Thirty-Seven

Driving wasn't bad at all, Josh said he was expecting much worse. After driving around the city - which was more of a town - for a while we switched spots and he taught me all about road rules and signs and what to do at a 4 way stop, everything you would need to know in order to drive. He told me I need to get a license as early as possible because I can't test drive shop cars until I can do it legally. Which, I guess is fair. I wonder what kind of license I would need to test drive him.

Being with him absolutely put a certain type of strain back on me. He kept grazing my arm, or my leg when he would point to a pedal or reach across me to the blinker. His beautiful blue eyes were on me all day, and I wish my hands could have been on him all day. We stopped off at a burger joint, despite my wonderful argument about how great of a teacher he has been when it comes to driving, he wouldn't let me drive there.

He stops at my house and waits for me to get up to my door before leaving. I watch him drive away from my front door, then sit down on the porch and light a cig. I pull out my phone, I'm not proud of it, but Josh isn't going to take care of the sexual frustration himself, so I text Ian.

Me: Busy?

I sigh and put my phone down next to me. Who the hell have I become? I feel like I had a damsel in distress becomes the villain moment, I don't recognize who I am, or how I'm feeling but... I like it. I feel in control, like I don't give a fuck, that I don't give a fuck. Not to mention the newfound confidence in myself after seeing me in real clothes. I'll have to go shopping when I'm able to, I wouldn't mind feeling like that. I think between the first real sexual experience I've had and being with Josh I just feel normal. Josh makes me happy, giddy almost like I'm always excited to be around him. I really need to get the confidence to ask him about his sexuality. I just don't want to ruin whatever playful banter it is we have because I ask him a question that makes him uncomfortable.

Ian: I knew you'd be back. (; Yours or mine?

I take another drag then throw the cig towards the road when I stand up.

Me: On my way.

I open the front door quietly and sneak in just in case Katie is home. My steps are light, up to Ian's room. When I open the door, he's shirtless on his bed, his gaze pointed towards the TV on his dresser.

"Hey." I whisper.

"That was fast, were you standing at the front door waiting for my response?" He smiles then stands up.

"No, I just got home so I was outside."

"I'm kidding. I'm glad you texted."

I walk past him and sit on the edge of his bed. "I figured you shouldn't be the only one calling in favors." I look up at him.

"I didn't imagine I would be the only one." He smiles, then opens the door. "I need a shower, care to join?"

Hesitantly, I stand up and walk towards him, then to the bathroom across from Katies room, her door is open but no ones in there.

"She's not here." He stands behind me and wraps an arm around my waist before pulling himself up slightly to place a kiss on my neck. His arm around me guides me to the bathroom and the door shuts behind us.

He turns the water to the shower on, then finds his spot next to me again. I look between the water, and him. As ridiculous as it is to say, I still don't feel comfortable with having my shirt off or being touched under it. So instead of stripping down and getting in with him, I grab his hip with one hand and pull him into me, crashing my lips against his, my hand coming up to the back of his neck.