Chapter Six

"Will, no one is angrier than you are. You handle it well though, always letting it out in jokes about Tyson being dumb."

Will started laughing, like, laughing a lot. It threw both Tyson and I off, as we both shoot our heads towards his direction.

"I mean, I get it. I do, but what, dad looks like a good role model? You want to follow in that direction?! Are you fucking kidding me?" He stands up and lets a few tears fall even though he was still laughing. "I shouldn't be surprised; you always have acted the most like him."

A shot to the heart, I looked down at my feet. I know we all thought it, but I guess silence is golden and it was nice to never hear it. It was easy to convince myself that I was just bashing on myself whenever I said it, some sort of self-deprivation joke. That I wasn't actually like dad, but just told myself I was to hut myself.

But, in all honesty he is right, they all are I always have been the most like dad. Mom used to tell me that all the time, how I reminded her of him when he was younger. Of course, back then, it was meant as a compliment. I guess it was only a short amount of time until I also grew up and acted like adult him.

"William that is enough!" Tyson stood up and took a step closer to Will. "You think this is going to fucking help? He feels like shit, I don't know about you but to me that doesn't seem like the best time to be knocking down his confidence."

To be fair, I'd be a little concerned if someone wasn't upset. I know Will isn't really mad at me, he's worried about what will happen to me. But his words still hurt, and I still wish I wasn't feeling so numb so I could fight him.

"No, seriously. He thinks life hasn't been shitty for us too?! Like we have just been fine and dandy and he's the only one going through shit? Just because we wear it well, doesn't mean we aren't hurting too." He turned back towards me. "You going to start hitting us? Huh?! Telling us that were the problem, and the reason you do what you do? Fuck you Jace."

Defensively I stood up and stepped up to Will our chests almost touching. I want to tell him off, so what only him and Tyson can act out now? I didn't see anyone calling Tyson dad when he punched me in the face the other day. "Fuck me? Dad doesn't hit you! He hits me, he comes after me. Don't ever throw that in my face again because you hardly know how it feels to be a victim of dad."

"Jace, he's just worried!" Tyson whispered pulling on my arm. I wouldn't have believed him if it wasn't for the tears in Wills eyes.

I sat back down never taking my eyes off Will's "What I meant was, yes William, that's exactly what I'm going to start doing." I rolled my eyes.

"No? Then what? You named off a lot of drugs, and I assume because you're self-medicating that you are just throwing them down left and right. You're going to end up fucking killing yourself!" Will yelled finally letting himself full on cry.

I could feel the boiling again, the rage under my skin.

"Maybe that's the fucking goal!" I swatted the glass of water off the table, it flew over to the wall and fell on the ground with a thud, but it didn't break. I didn't want to say anything else or make them feel worse than they already do so I turn around and storm to my room.

This is not me. I'm usually very well tempered, calm, and mind my own business. As long as I can remember I've never really yelled at anyone. The moment I let my guard down and ask for help I get treated like this? Fuck that. I'm not even sure I meant it, I just assumed Tyson would catch on and me mentioning that I want help was a way to get him off my back. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know what I want.