Thirty Sixth Chapter.

There was edginess between the both of them. Bridgett was confused and angry, and Jordan was excessively agitated.

"Are you going to explain yourself?" Bridgett asks.

"Oh, so now you'll listen to me?"

"Jordan, I do not have the patience to even deal with you right now."

She snickers, although she found nothing funny. "Obviously. I've never been worthy of your time, have I?"

"If it makes you happy to believe that, then sure."

Jordan gets up from her seat on the couch, placing her hands into her pockets. She looked down at her feet thoughtfully, with a frown that depicted her troubled state.

"Isn't that why we broke up?" she looked up at her, meeting those stone blue eyes she's been missing. "Because Andrew is more worthy."

"We broke up because you make everything about him. Like you're doing right now."

"I mean, he's standing between the both of us."

"That's because you're making him."

"No, Bridgett, it's because he is. You want him in your life, and you know damn well it can't be him and me. It's either him or me."

She sighs tiredly. "I'm not having this conversation with you."

"Why not? I want to. I think it's only fair if we clear the air. I'll start. I feel like you've made a crappy decision."

"That's according to you."

"No shit. That doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid."

"Jordan, you're not considering me or my child. This is not about you, it's about what I want."

"You don't seem to be considering your child either."

"I am."

"Oh yeah?" she leans closer. "Then why is she with me instead of him?"

"That's what I've been asking you since you walked through the door."

"It's because he gave her to me, Bree."

Bridgett's eyebrows twisted in confusion. "What?"

She doesn't recall ever introducing Andrew and Jordan. She hadn't the idea how they would know each other.

Bridgett trusts Jordan with Lily. Probably more than she trusts Andrew. But she didn't think Andrew would know Jordan long enough to trust her with Lily as well.

"He promised to buy me a bottle if I looked after her outside a liqour store. And in case you had any assumptions, I've never met him in my life. The only reason I knew him was because he was with Lily."

Bridgett's features remained confused. Jordan's words made absolutely no sense to her. It sounded fabricated, but how could it be if Lily was laying in her bed right now after she was supposed to be out to the movies with her father?

"If you still firmly believe that he's a good father, I won't try to convince you otherwise. Just know that I for one wouldn't give your daughter out to a complete fucking stranger."

Bridgett covered her face with her hands. "Oh my God." she mumbled into her palms. Her hands moved upwards and ran through her hair. She tilted her head up in regret. "I'm a horrible mother."

"You're not."

She shakes her head. "I should've known. He told me yesterday he wanted money for something and I didn't give it to him. Then today he offered to take Lily out, and I thought he wanted to spend time with his daughter."

TOUCH IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें