Seventh Chapter.

Women have pride. That was just their nature. How could they help it when they hold so much beauty and elegance. That's why society made men do the proposing. It's men who approach women, and prove themselves worthy of such astounding beauty.

From her physique, to her melodious speech. From her shy nature to her daunting attitude. A woman is a flirt that commits the act without a word. Her body speaks because her throat is too delicate to be exercised so much.

Women are the epitome of attraction. They attract without bothering to try. A man must go through all lengths to get a woman's attention, yet all the lady has to do is flutter her eyelashes in his direction, and his heart would beat in excitement, and chase after princess that calls to him with no words.

All Cinderella had to do was leave a shoe for prince charming to know that he is to search for her. No words, no demand, no plea. A simple shoe.

Jordan felt like prince charming when it came to Bridgett. Except she didn't get a shoe, instead she got a name. A mere name. Something so vague, yet to a woman, so obvious.

She had called her earlier during the day, but Bridgett didn't respond. She didn't want leave too many missed calls within that same hour, so she waited for a good hour and a half precisely before she could call again.

This time, the mistress she seeked responded.

"You take joy in my desperation." Jordan spoke into her phone. "Is that why you won't answer my call the first time?"

The woman on the other end of the call laughed elegantly. "So you assume I've got nothing better to do?"

"I assume everyone can answer a brief call."

"This call will be anything but brief. We both know that."

"True. Yet, that too is in your control. You could easily end the call."

"Maybe I can't. Believe it or not, you're quite persuasive."

"For so long I believed I was. You changed that narrative quite quickly."

"How so?"

"By making it your life goal to ignore me."

"Right. You're still not over that?"

Jordan chuckles. There's a brief silence before she speaks again.

"I'm attracted to you, Bridgett. I'm not sure if you're aware."

"You've been making that obvious. How couldn't I be aware?"

"Is it hard to admit you feel the same?"

"Who said I did?"

"Do you not?"

"I do. But I'm afraid telling you that might lead your ego to inflate."

Jordan smiled from both her cheeks. A smile she didn't have to contain because Bridgett wasn't here to see it.

She ran a hand through her wet plaits. She'd just gotten out of the shower, and her first thought was to attempt once again, to call the woman whose been disrupting her internal peace, and taking over her entire mind.

"What would happen if you just spared me the trouble? Allow me to take you out, we get to know each other, and anything that  happens happens."

"What are the odds that nothing happens from there?"

Jordan shrugs, although Bridgett couldn't see.

"If it doesn't work out, I leave you alone."

"Why bother starting if you think it won't work out?"