Fourteenth Chapter.

Sometimes life feels extremely repetitive. Like a cycle that changes only by the extent of harm caused at the end of the previous process.

Like school. You go through the same subjects every year, except they just keep getting harder because they keep adding more to the syllabus.

Jordan's life felt like school. She feels the same things she felt two years ago, except somehow more intense. Anger, hatred, helplessness. The emotions circled her body as though they were the nerves, arteries and veins.

"What's wrong?" The voice soothed the worries, but the drink in her hand only made them worst.

She shakes her head, while frowning. "Nothing."

"Don't do that." the woman pleaded.

Jordan looked up at her in question, furrowing her eyebrows. "Do what?"

"That thing where you avoid my question."

"I'm not avoiding it. I told you-"

"We both know it's not 'nothing'. Something's clearly bothering you."

"I'm just tired." Jordan assures, trying to sound convincing.

Bridgett was not convinced. "Oh really? So you called me over for wine because you're 'tired'? I'm not buying it."

"I called you over because I missed you." she gives her that infamous smirk. "And I assumed you like wine."

"I like good quality wine. Yours tastes like it was brewed yesterday."

Jordan chuckles. This was the very reason why she wanted to be in Bridgett's company. She needed it, honestly. Everything in her life seems to be one stress after the other.

"Other than that, you've been off these past few days. I would like to know why." the older woman speaks again.

She's been 'off' because all she could think of was the safety of her best friends girlfriend. All her mind ever focused on was whether she was fine. Yet, at the same time, she wasn't going to see her at the hospital.

She was horrified to speak to her. The girl would either pretend nothing happened, or talk about what she experienced, and Jordan wasn't prepared for either of those things.

"Why are you so interested? You don't like me, do you? Because if you do we'd have to end our friendship." Jordan teased.

"No, I'm just concerned."

"Concerned in a friendly way, though, right?"

"Yes."

Jordan hums, taking a sip of the God awful drink. She looks back at Bridgett, her expression playful.

"I bet you don't have wine dates with your friends."

Bridgett sighs. "I do. But that's not the point."

"As frequently as we do, or like once a month? Because this is the second time this week."

"You're avoiding the question."

"I just think it's odd you never mention your friends. Do they know about me?"

"Jordan."

"It's okay if you don't talk about me-"

"Doctor Wales."

A silence. Right before any more teasing could escape her lips, Jordan was halted by an appellation that should've had no effect on her.

But it did. And Bridgett knew it did. From the cute smile on her face, Jordan could tell that she's known for a while now, that the formal address brought feelings to her that were uncontrollable.