Twenty Fifth Chapter.

They stood by the door for the first minute. Bridgett made no attempt to come inside, and Jordan didn't invite her in.

After what felt like hours of awkwardness, Bridgett inceptively moved forward, placing both hands on Jordan's cheek and pulling her down for a kiss.

The old Jordan wouldn't have hesitated to kiss back. Her younger self would've forgotten about the entire argument and done things Bridgett's way, so that Bridgett is satisfied with her, and so that the woman doesn't reject her further. Because the old Jordan feared rejection.

Current Jordan on the other hand is really fed up of being an ornament of beneficial use for people who would deem her unworthy of them in due time, and then scrap her.

She pulls their lips apart, even as her instinct told her to accept Bridgett's lips and reciprocate.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"I wanted to talk." Bridgett responded.

"This isn't talking." she lightly pushes her away, removing her hands from her cheeks.

"Let me in."

"To kiss or to talk?"

"That solely depends on you. We have all night."

"If it was all on me I'd ask you to leave."

"You and me both know you don't want me to leave."

She desperately did not.

"I want you to tell me why you're here."

"May I come inside?"

This time, she widened her door to allow her room to go inside. Bridgett entered, brushing against Jordan's body as she passed her, her scent filling the girl's nostrils. The beat of her heart quickened on its own, her body seeked no permission to subtly lean closer as she brushed by, pretending it was so she could close the door.

Bridgett let herself in, requiring no invite to seat herself on the couch. Jordan followed behind her, watching her hips move in those alluring jeans.

"Are you going to just stand there?" Bridgett asked.

"I'm not in the mood to sit."

There was clearly tension. Jordan had a 'cut to the chase' kind of attitude, while Bridgett wanted to slow burn her way towards an apology.

"Okay." whispered Bridgett, clearing her throat. "I wanted to apologize. For leading you on. It was selfish."

Jordan nodded, not yet fully satisfied.

"Thank you. Is that all?"

Bridgett frowned at her. "Why are you being hostile?"

"I'm not being hostile. Your apology is accepted. Thanks for dropping by. Sorry, we can't be friends. I'll see you around, or maybe not. Can you leave now?"

"You don't sound like you accept my apology."

Jordan crosses her eyebrows at her questioningly. "What do you want, a kiss?"

"No. Just for you to be a little more understanding, and open. And actually listen to me instead of being so dismissive."

Jordan rolls her eyes, accompanying that with a scoff and a head shake. "I'm tired, and I want to go to bed. If you want, say everything you want to say and then leave."

"Maybe I wanted to tell you that I have feelings for you." she says nervously.

Jordan's entire demeanor shifts, and she's suddenly interested in the conversation.