9

Zee's POV.

I dived into the pool , swimming towards Khun Nu who was struggling to keep his head up above the water. I swim to him as fast as possible as he tried to gasp for water. I quickly grabbed his hand , pulling him to me as I then held his waist. I gasp for water , breathing hard.

"I got you .. I got you .." I breathed out as he held me tightly. I swim back to the edge , holding him close to me. I squint my eyes due to the heavy downpour.

"Here .. get on the edge .." I said , guiding him to get up on the edge. I lifted him up to get him on the edge as he coughed out water. I got onto the pavement , pushing my wet hair back as I attend to Khun Nu. I cupped his cheeks , holding him tightly as he coughed.

"Are you okay ?" I asked as he clutched my shirt tightly. He breath hard , coughing as I could see him shake hard.

"You're okay .. you're okay .." I assured him as he breathed hard. The rain started pouring harder.

"Let's get you inside .." I said , hooking my hand under his knees. I lifted him up , speed walking into the house.

I placed him down onto the couch as he hugged his arms , shivering in cold.

"Wait here .." I said , running off to the bathroom. I grabbed a few towels before running back into the living room where Khun Nu is.

"Here .." I said as I wrapped a towel around his body , trying to warm him up. I then placed a towel on his head. I sigh , looking at him as he clutch the towel.

"What the hell did I tell you ? I told you to get inside before it rains .. why didn't you listen huh ?!" I asked , feeling angry.

"I get it , you hate me but why can't you listen huh ?!" I asked.

"What do you think will happen if I didn't hear you huh ?!" I asked as he look down.

"Answer me !" I shouted , raising my voice as he stayed quiet.

"God .. you are making me go crazy .." I sigh , running my fingers through my wet hair.

"Are you done ?" He asked making me look at him.

"If you're done , I am going to go take a shower." He said before getting up. He grabbed his cane , walking past me as I sigh. He then stopped his track.

"You know , if you want to quit this job go ahead. Just give my mother a call .. and she'll pay you the money." He said before walking up the stairs slowly , leaving me alone in the living room. I sigh , plopping down on the couch , rubbing my temple.

Nunew's POV.

I sat on the bed , hearing the sound of the rain hitting the window.

"What the hell did I tell you ? I told you to get inside before it rains .. why didn't you listen huh ?!"

"I get it , you hate me but why can't you listen huh ?!"

"What do you think will happen if I didn't hear you huh ?!"

"God .. you are making me go crazy .."

Tears rolled down my cheeks making me clutch my fist. Soon I heard a knock on the door making me clear my throat , wiping my tears away.

"Nhu .." I hear Nat as I felt the space beside me go down.

"Hey .." I said as he then held my hand.

"P'Zee told me that something happened just now .. he told me to check on you before he left .." he said.

"I am okay... don't worry .." I said as Nat squeezed my hand before pulling me to his embrace.

"Well I am glad that you are okay .." He said , rubbing my back as I close my eyes , sighing.

Zee's POV.

I sigh , drying my hair with my towel. I plopped down on my bed , breathing out as I threw my towel aside. Soon Khun Nu's words came into my mind.

"You know , if you want to quit this job go ahead. Just give my mother a call .. and she'll pay you the money."

I sigh before grabbing my phone. I went into my contacts and soon saw 'Khun Mi'. I pressed on it and soon stop my track.

"Zee .. nothing in life is going to be easy ... especially taking care of someone .. it's never going to be easy .. but take it slow .. soon enough it'll get easier.. once you get to know him much better .. things will eventually make sense .."

I breathe out , shaking my head as I threw my phone aside before plopping down flat on my back. I look up the ceiling before rubbing my face.

"What the hell am I doing .." I thought.

- next day -

Nunew's POV.

"Okay .. you are done .." said the doctor as I moved away from the machine with the help of the nurse. I wore my sunglasses back , waiting for the doctor to say my results.

"Your vision seems to remain stable ... it's not getting any worser than before .. which is good .." he said.

"But just to be safe , do make sure you continue to take good care of yourself and take your medication regularly as per normal .." He continued.

"Other than that .. I'll see you on our next check up na .." he said making me nod.

"Krub .." I said.

"Doc krub .." I said making him hum.

"Is there any news about the eye donation surgery ?" I asked , hoping that there was news.

"I am sorry Khun Nu .. there's no further information about it now .. I promise once we get some news , We'll tell you .." he said making me force a smile.

"Krub .." I said , clutching my fist.

I slowly walked out of the room , tapping my cane in front of me. I soon felt a grip on my wrist making me jump in shock.

"Relax. It's me." I frown , turning to that voice.

"Zee .." I said as he hum.

"What are you doing here ? Where's Nat ?" I asked.

"Nat had to go back to school last minute .. so he asked me to come and get you from the hospital .." he said as I moved my hand away.

"Well .. I thought after yesterday , you would quit , why are you still here ?" I asked.

"That's because I promise your mom that I would take care of you no matter what. So let's go." He said as he started walking. I stood there , confused. I soon heard him sigh before walking back to me.

"Come on .. I'll bring you to eat." He said as he grabbed my hand , holding it making me look at where his voice came from. I could only see his blurry silhouette. He then slowly started walking as I did the same with his guide.