34

Nunew's POV.

I look at Zee who had a gun in his hand. I turned back to the guys as the guys then started running away. Zee slowly put the gun down before looking at me. He held me tight against him , holding me by the waist , leading me back to the house.

We entered the living room slowly as he guided me to seat down on the couch. I was still a lil shaken after what happened. Zee then crouched down in front of me , placing the gun on the table as he held both of my shaking hands.

"You okay ?" He asked.

"Why do you have a gun with you ?" I asked softly as he kept quiet.

"Zee .. I asked you a question .. why do you have a gun with you ? Who were those guys ?" I asked as he didn't say anything.

"You know them .. don't you .." I said softly as he look at me.

"Answer me Zee .. what's going on ? Last night .. you had a knife .. today .. those guys who were following me .. when you pointed that gun .. it seems like you know them .. what's going on ?" I asked as he sigh , getting up making me follow his steps.

"It's complicated .." he said.

"Tell me." I said clutching my hands.

"Do they have to do something with your bruises before ? Did they have something to do with the time you were late to my surgery ?" I asked as he look away.

"Were they reason why you hurt your head ?" I asked as he look at me , still not saying anything.

"Zee .. talk to me .. why the fuck .. do you have this gun ?! What the fuck is going on ?!" I asked , not being able to hold myself back.

"Answer me !" I shouted as I storm towards him.

"Who were those guys ?!" I asked clutching his shirt.

"Why are you not telling me anything ?!" I hit his chest repeatedly feeling nothing but scared and frustrated. I kept hitting his chest as he then grabbed my wrist , stopping me.

"I'll tell you .." He said as I look at him with tears in my eyes. He held my hand as we walked towards the couch. He sat down , pulling me down onto his lap.

"Those guys you saw .. was Kai's guys .." he said making me frown.

"Kai ?" I asked , confused.

"The guy who got me into prison .." he said making me freeze.

"Ever since .. I got out .. he's been getting guys to attack me ... attack my loved ones or anyone who knows who I am .." he said.

"I don't know why is he doing this but .. all I know .. he wants me dead .. that's why he is asking his guys to come and attack me as much as he can .." he continued.

"And last night .. I swear , I heard someone breaking in .. that's why I took a knife with me ... and today , after I got an SOS call from Nat saying that there was something wrong with you .. I knew by then that those guys who were following you was Kai's guys. I knew that if I didn't reach you in time , they could hurt you or even worse possibly kill you." He said as I look down.

"So I came prepared .." he said clutching his fist as I look at the gun.

"If Kai can't get to me , he'll come after you .." he said making me look at him.

"Why would he come after me ?" I asked.

"Because he knows that you're someone who's so important to me .." he said , looking at me as I breathe out before hugging him tightly. He placed his arms around me , hugging me tightly.

"I can't lose you." He said softly as I slowly pulled away.

"And you won't .." I said softly.

"We'll work something out .. together .. I promise .." I said as he look at me , breathing out. I then hugged him tightly.

- later -

Zee's POV.

"So .. what's your plan ?" Asked Max as I watch Nat hold Nhu's hand.

"Get to Kai before he gets to me." I said.

"Wait are you crazy ?" Asked Max.

"I need Nhu to stay with you and Nat." I continued making Max frown.

"And what ? Let Kai and his guys beat the crap out of you ? Or even worse kill you ?" Fought Max.

"Zee , you and I both know what Kai is capable of." He continued as I sigh.

"He was the fucking reason why we got thrown into prison 8 years ago !" He exclaim.

"Then what do you want me to do Max ? Let him get to Nhu ? Get to Nat ? Get to you ?" I asked.

"He could possibly hurt all of you before coming to me." I said.

"And before he could do that .. he and I should settle the score." I said.

"Zee , are you fucking out of your mind ?! He was the reason why you went in the first place ! You don't want to get thrown into the hell cell again !" Exclaim Max.

"It's not worth it." He said.

"And then what's worth it ? That he kills the people I love ?! What do you want me to do ?! Call the police and tell them that a guy is going to kill me ?" I asked.

"Don't you fucking realise that Kai got away from that incident years ago was because he has the power and money to fucking get away." I said , clenching my jaw before grabbing my gun.

"The only way to get him into the blackhole." I said , putting my gun up as Max look at it before looking at me.

"You're falling into his trap Zee. That is the way you're going to fall back into that cell again." He said.

"Dude , I can't lose you. I don't want you to go back to that hell place and let your mom down again." He continued.

"Zee .. it's not worth it .." I hear Nhu say making me turn to him as he got up , walking towards me. Nat walked to Max , holding his arm as I look away from Nhu.

"You can't use vengeance to win. That will only make the villain stronger." He said as I sighed , breathing out , putting my gun down. Nhu then placed his hand on my cheek making me look at him.

"The only way to make him show his true self is by revealing whatever he did in the past to the real world .." said Nhu.

"And that he isn't powerful with just the money he has .." he continued as I sigh.

"Everything we'll be okay .. we just have to work together .." he said softly before placing his hand on my hand that was holding the gun. He slowly nod as I then slowly let go of the gun , letting him take the gun away from me.