14

- next day -

Nunew's POV.

I woke up to noises coming from the kitchen. I frown , opening my eyes as I slowly sat up. I took my sunglasses and cane , extending the cane as I got out of bed. I then slowly walked out of the room , holding the wall for support as I walked down the stairs slowly.

I walked into the kitchen slowly , stopping my tracks.

"Zee .." I said softly , seeing a familiar silhouette.

"Aow , about time .. I was about to wake you up .." he chuckled as he walked towards me.

"Come , I made breakfast .." he said as he grabbed my hand , placing it on his arm for me to hold as he lead me to sit down. I sat down as I heard him place a bowl on the table. He placed a spoon in my hand and I soon hear a chair being pulled back.

"I hope it's nice .." he said as I chuckled softly. I touched the bowl so that I know where I was scooping. I scoop a little rice on my spoon before taking a bite. A burst of flavor when straight into my mouth. I smile , nodding.

"So .. how is it ?" He asked.

"Delicious ..." I answered and soon heard him sigh in relief. I took another bite , smiling softly. I soon realized that he wasn't eating.

"Are you not eating too ?" I asked.

"I am not that hungry .." He answered and soon I remembered what Nat said last night.

"Zee .. he had bruises on his face .. one at the corner of his lips and one near his left eye ..."

I slowly put down my spoon , sighing softly.

"Aow , what's wrong ? Does it taste bad ?" He asked as I slowly turned to where he is , seeing his silhouette. I gulped my saliva down before reaching out one of my hand for his face.

Zee's POV.

I froze in my place as Khun Nu placed one of his hand on my cheek. He then gently touch the bruise under my left eye.

"Does it hurt ?" He asked making me look at him and soon realized Nat must've have told him.

"Mai .." I answered as his hand then went down to the bruise on my lip , touching it gently.

"What about this ?" He asked as I slowly grabbed his hand.

"It's fine .." I answered as he then slowly got up , grabbing his cane. He then slowly walked over to the cabinet making me frown. He slowly opened one of it and soon came walking back. I look down to his hand , seeing a first aid kit. He came back to the table , sitting down slowly.

He then placed the box on the table , opening it. His hand then looked around for the disinfectant cream. I smile softly , helping him.

"Here .. this is the bottle .." I said as he nod. He then look around for the cotton ball and without my help , he got it. He opened the bottle , putting the cream on top of the cotton ball.

"Do you mind ?" He asked , wanting to treat my bruises.

"No .." I answered as he then straightened his posture but I soon realized that he was in an comfortable position.

"Here , come closer .." I said , grabbing the chair , pulling him closer to me making his breath hitch.

"Tell me if it hurts .." he said as he used his other hand to look for the bruise. He slowly placed the cream on my bruise under my left eye. He then went to my second bruise on the corner of my lips , applying the cream. I clutch my fist , holding the burn as he gently pat the bruise. I look at his eyes that was hidden behind his sunglasses.

I then slowly reach my hand out , wanting to remove his glasses making him freeze.

"What are you-." He moved back slightly.

"Your sunglasses ... they are in the way of your beautiful eyes .." I said softly.

"I can't see them because of the glasses .." I continued.

"If you're afraid that I am going to judge you ... I won't ... I won't force you to if you don't want to take them off .." I said.

"I just want to see them .." I said softly.

"I'll give you 5 seconds to see them .." He said as he then slow held his sunglasses , hanging his head low. He breathed in and out before taking his sunglasses off.  He then slowly lifted his head up revealing the scars around his eyes. His eyes were still brown as chocolate.

"5 .. 4 .. 3 ... 2 ... 1 ..." he said before using his sunglasses back.

"I know .. they are ugly .." he said making me chuckle.

"I didn't say they were ugly ... I find them beautiful .." I said.

"I am just sad that the sunglasses are in the way .." I continued making him chuckle.

"I would love to not used them .. but I have been using them ever since I lost my eyesight .. I guess I get so insecure .." he said softly.

"Look .. I know that the world is cruel .. the people make it cruel .. but .. no matter what , what ever happened to you, it made you a stronger person ..." I said.

"I know you still can't trust me but ... all I can say is that I am not like the people out there who judge ..." I said as I then came closer.

"Your eyes .. they are beautiful ... with and without them sunglasses .." I said as I then watch his cheeks turn red. He then cleared his throat , grabbing his cane before getting up.

"I-I should .. g-go and wash up .." he said nervously before walking away slowly. He then accidentally hit the wall making my eyes widened , getting up.

"You okay ??" I asked worriedly as I heard him chuckle nervously before showing me a thumbs up.

"Do you need help walking up to your room ?" I asked.

"Nope ! I am fine !" He exclaimed before walking away making me chuckle , smiling to myself.

"Cute .." I thought.

Nunew's POV.

I closed the door , leaning against the door as I hear my heart beating fast.

"Calm down heart !" I thought before breathing in and out. I then slowly walked over to where my mirror is. I stood in front of it , sighing. I could see the silhouette of myself through the blurred mirror.

"Your eyes .. they are beautiful ... with and without them sunglasses .." he said.

I slowly took my sunglasses off , placing it aside as I look into the mirror seeing my own blurry silhouette. I then touch the scars that were around my eyes , feeling the dried up cuts. I then breathe in and out as the world became slightly brighter. I smile softly before grabbing my cane , walking towards the bathroom with my sunglasses left on the table.