17

Zee's POV.

I placed the sheets over the Khun Nu's body , tucking him as I sigh , sitting on the edge of the bed. I caressed his head gently , looking at him. I sigh before getting up , walking out of the room. I took a last glance at him before closing the door. I walked downstairs slowly , seeing Nat in the kitchen. I sigh making him turn , smiling softly.

"How is he ?" Asked Nat.

"He's asleep .. took him a while to get some rest .." I said , taking a seat as Nat handed me a glass of water.

"Thanks .." I said as he nod , sitting across me.

"This days like this is the most toughest thing when it comes to taking care of Nhu .." he said softly.

"Has he always been like this ?" I asked.

"He gets this attacks whenever something triggers him ..." answered Nat.

"Like his father ? .." I asked as Nat sigh.

"Nunew's relationship with his father hasn't been the best , he is always with his mother ever since he was young .. his father wasn't there most of the time .." he said as I listened intently.

"It got even worse when both of his parents got a divorce a few weeks after Nhu got into the accident that caused him to be blind .." he continued making me frown slightly.

"His father didn't really cared about him .. he would rarely come and see him in the hospital .. he wasn't even there when Nhu was at his lowest .." He continued.

"Being partially blind is hard , but having parents who continuously fight and bicker every time .. it's even harder .." said Nat as he walked over to wash his cup. I sigh , fiddling with my glass.

"I didn't know he was suffering that much .." I thought.

- later -

I knocked a couple of times before opening the door to see Khun Nu fast asleep. I walked in with his tray of medicine , waking over to the side of his bed. I placed the tray on the table , looking over to him who was fast asleep soundly. I gently sat down on the edge beside him , caressing the top of his head making him hum.

"Hey .. it's me .." I said softly as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Zee .." he croaked making me hum.

"Is that really you ?" He asked making me chuckle.

"Come on , you need to take your medicine .. you can sleep back after ..." I said as I help him sit up slowly. He lean his back against the headboard as I grabbed his medication and a glass of water.

"Hand .." I said as he put out his hand for me to put the medicine. He took it slowly as I hand him a glass of water to gulp it down. He sigh as I grabbed the glass from him.

"Get some rest na .." I said , patting his head as I then got up. I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist making me turn back to him.

"Zee .. could you ... hold me for awhile ? ..." he asked making me freeze.

"Please .." he said softly as I look at him.

"Yeah .. of course .." I said , placing the glass on the table side , sitting back down beside him.

"Come here .." I said gently as I pulled him to my embrace. He placed his head on my chest , hugging me tightly as I rubbed his shoulder.

"This .. feels .. nice .." he said softly as I chuckled. I soon remembered what Nat said before.

"Khun Nu .." I said.

"Don't ever be afraid to tell me what's on your mind na .." I said softly.

"I'll always be there when you need me .." I continued.

"Just give me a call .. and I'll be right wherever you are .. okay ? .." I asked making him nod. I breathe out , tightening my grip around him as I leaned my chin on the top of my head.

- later night -

I sigh , frowning as I slowly open my eyes. I squinted my eyes a couple of times before realizing I fell asleep. I rubbed my eyes , looking around for Khun Nu. I frown , looking at the time seeing that it was 2:30 in the morning. I soon hear wind coming from the balcony. I slowly got out of the bed , walking to where the balcony was to see Khun Nu.

"Khun Nu ..." I said softly.

"Did I wake you up ?" He asked , not facing me as I walked over to him , standing beside him.

"What's wrong ?" I asked.

"I was just wondering .. why I deserve this .." he said.

"Everything was perfect until I lost the one thing that was important to me .." he said.

"Why me ?" He asked softly.

"You know .. my dad used to say .. that if you lose something .. you'll gain something back .." I said.

"How are you so sure ?" He asked.

"I have hope .." I answered , smiling softly.

"Hope is a such a big word .." he said softly and soon the wind hits us softly. He sigh , closing his eyes as I watched him.

"I just want to escape from this reality .. go to a place where it's safe and sound .." he sigh as an idea popped up.

"Then let's go .." I said making him frown.

"What ?" He asked.

"Come on , I have a place we can go .." I said , grabbing his hand.

"Wait now ?" He asked as I hum.

"Come on .. if we go now .. we can catch the sunrise .." I said as he blink a couple of times.

"Are you forgetting that I can't see the sunrise .." he asked making me chuckle.

"Who say it's about seeing .. I told you .. you can feel anything .. even the sunrise .." I said making him freeze.

"Now come on .. we have about three hours before the sun rises .." I said as I lead him back to the room to get change into something comfortable.

I got onto the bike as I help Khun Nu up onto the bike slowly with guidance.

"Hold on tight na .." I said as he nod , holding my waist tightly. I then slowly drove off , putting my visor down.

- later -

After an hour and a half , we finally reached the destination. I guide Khun Nu off the bike first before getting off. I help him take off his helmet , placing it on my bike as I did the same. I turn back to Khun Nu who was trying to figure out where we were.

"Zee .. where are we ? ..." he asked as I smile , grabbing one of his hand to place his cane in it. I then grabbed his other hand , placing it on my arm. I lead him to the front slowly as he then froze feeling the sand. The sound of wave crashing softly brought a beautiful sound to my ear. I soon stop , not far from the water.

"So .. what do you hear ?" I asked softly.

"Water .." he answered making me hum.

"Are .. we at the beach ? ..." he asked making chuckle.

"Oh my god ..." he giggled as I smile. He squeezed my arm excitedly making me look down to his hand and back to him , seeing bright smile on his face. I smile fondly , gazing at him softly.