27

Zee's POV

I walked over to Khun Yǎy as she turned around.

"Aow , Zee .. good morning .." she said , caressing my cheek as I smile , taking a seat. I poured myself a glass of water before taking a sip.

"How's your sleep ?" She asked making me choked on my drink.

"Aow , Zee , you okay ?" She asked worriedly as I cleared my throat , looking at her with my ears all red.

"Uh .. yes , yes I am okay .." I said , chuckling nervously.

"Well , eat up na , I cooked your favorite breakfast but don't finish it up on your own , give Nhu some breakfast na , I am going to go and water the plants outside ..." she said making me smile softly , nodding.

I then took a bite out from my sandwich before getting up. I walked towards the kitchen , getting a tray. I walked back to the dining table. I grabbed an empty plate , placing the sandwich that Khun Yǎy made. I then poured some tea into a glass before placing both of them on the tray. I soon smile before carrying the tray upstairs.

I gently push the door open to see Nhu still fast asleep. I smile softly before walking over to his side. I place the tray of food on the nightstand before taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Nhu .." I said , shaking Nhu by the arm gently to wake him up. He hum as I smile.

"Nhu .. wake up na .." I said softly as he turned to lay on his back. He sigh before opening his eyes slowly. He then slowly looked at me as I caressed his cheek gently.

"Khun Yǎy cooked us breakfast .. I bought it upstairs for you .." I said as he smile softly. He then reached his hand out , placing it on my cheek.

"This isn't a dream right ? It's really you right ?" He asked making me chuckle , holding his hand that was against my cheek before giving his palm a kiss.

"It's really me baby .." I said as he smiled softly.

"Come on .. let's eat .." I said as I helped him sit up. He clutched the sheets against his bare chest as I placed the tray on my lap. I grabbed the sandwich , putting it up to his mouth.

"Open up .." I said softly as he opened his mouth. He took a bite , covering his mouth as his eyes sparkled.

"Delicious ?" I asked.

"It's .. amazing !" He exclaimed making me smile fondly.

"Here .." I said , placing the sandwich in his hand. He slowly ate the sandwich quietly , smiling to himself. I look at him , caressing his head gently. He then stopped eating , looking at the sandwich.

"You know .. my mom .. used to make sandwiches for me and my best friend every morning before going to school .." he said as I look at him.

"After she passed away .. I didn't like sandwiches that mom used to make ..." he said, chuckling dryly. He then continued eating as I watch him eat.

- later -

I caress Nunew's arm gently as we sat on the hammock. Nhu had head on my chest.

"This is nice .." He said as we swing slowly the hammock in the midst of the cooling breeze.

"You know .. I never really thank you .. for bringing me here .." he said as I smile.

"I wish I could come back and see it clearly .." He continued.

"You know .. mom told me .. that the doctors are finding an eye donor for me ..." he said as I look at him.

"The doctor said that the surgery has a 50/50 chance of success ... I may or may not work .." he continued.

"It could make me go fully blind .." He said as I sigh.

"Do you want to do the surgery ?" I asked.

"It's scary but .. it's worth to take the risk .." he answered as I sigh.

"Ever since I lost 80% of my vision .. everything changed .. I just want my old life back .." he said softly.

"And you will .. I promise .. I'll be by your side at all times .." I said softly as he smile , lifting his head up to me.

"You promise ?" He asked.

"I promise .." I answered as I caressed his cheek before leaning in, pecking his lips. He smile as I then tightened my arms around him. I sigh , leaning my head on the top of his head.

- next day -

"You got everything son .." said Khun Yǎy as Pat helped me load our luggage into the jeep.

"Don't worry , I got everything .." I said as Nhu then walked out of the house with the help of Luna.

"Are you sure ?" Asked Khun Yǎy as Nhu chuckled softly.

"Ya , Zee , you're missing your faen na !" Said Luna as I chuckled , walking over to the three of them.

"How can I forget him hm ?" I asked as Pat stood beside me.

"You know , if you don't want to take Nhu with you , we could just take care of him for you !" Said Luna as I chuckled in disbelief.

"Well , I am sorry but Nhu is mine to take care .." I said , smirking making Luna stuck her tongue out teasingly.

"Mai ! Nhu is mine !" Exclaimed Luna as she hugged Nhu's arm tightly making Nhu giggle.

"Mai .. Nhu .. is MINE." I said , grabbing Nhu's hand , pulling him closer to me by the waist.

"Zee ! Nhu is-."

"You know what , Nhu is none of yall's ! Nhu is mine !" Said Pat as we all went silent.

"Ya ! Are you crazy ?!" Shouted Luna as he hit Pat on the arm jokingly making me and Nhu burst into laughter.

"Okay kids .. enough bickering .." said Khun Yǎy as Nhu chuckled softly. She then approached Nhu , cupping his cheek.

"If you ever want to come back here .. You're always welcome here na .." she said making Nhu smile as I watch them with fond eyes.

"Krub .." answered Nhu.

"Thank you for the hospitality .." said Nhu as Khun Yǎy smile fondly.

"Zee ... take care of my son in law na .." said Khun Yǎy making Pat and Luna make teasing sounds. Nhu smile shyly as I chuckled , patting his back.

"I will do my best to take care of Nhu na .." I said as Khun Yǎy nod. She then kissed Nhu on the both side of his cheeks.

"Okay bro , time to head to the airport .." said Pat as I nod.

"Come Nhu , I'll take you to the jeep .." said Luna as Nhu nod. Luna looked at me as I nod. I placed Nhu's hand on hers as she lead him to the jeep.

"I'll get going na .." I said to Khun Yǎy as she nod. She then cupped my cheeks , making me leaned down to her level. She kissed my forehead , caressing my cheek.

"I am so proud of you na that you found the right path in your life .." she said as I smile , hugging her.

"Thank you na .." I said softly making her pat my back. I then slowly let go of her as I then walked to the jeep. Pat opened the door for me as I nod , getting in.

"Don't worry Khun Yǎy ! Zee will be back with his faen soon !" Shouted Pat as I chuckled , smacking the back of his head as Nhu and Luna giggled. I turned to Khun Yǎy as she waved , smiling. I smile , waving to her as Pat then slowly started driving.