16

Zee's POV.

I pulled up to my house as I parked my bike. I got off after turning the engine off. I took off my helmet , walking in the house.

"Mae , I am home !" I shouted as I placed my bag on the couch.

"Aow , Zee .." said Mae as she prepared the table with food. I smile softly , walking over to the dining room.

"Looks great.." I said , looking at the food making her chuckle.

"Come , let's eat na ,." She said as I nod , taking a seat as she did the same.

"So .. how was work hm ?" She asked as she placed rice onto my plate while I scoop some gravy onto my plate.

"It was great .." I said , mixing my rice with my gravy earning a chuckle from her.

"No wonder you've always have a smile on your face this day .." she said making me raise my eyebrow slightly.

"What do you mean ?" I chuckled making her giggle.

"What I meant is ever since you have to take care of that boy .. you seem happier .." she said as she ate her food.

"I like seeing you like this .." She continued making me smile softly , looking down to my food.

- next day -

Nunew's POV.

"I don't get why we're here .." I said to Nat as I held his arm while we walked.

"Your father wants to see you ..." he said as I sigh.

"If I remember correctly , he stopped being my father after him and Mae divorced ..." I said coldly.

"No matter what .. he is still your father Nhu .. just give him a chance .." he said making me sigh.

"Fine .." I said in defeat as we walked.

"Right this way .." said Nat as he lead me through the door.

"We are at a cafe ?" I asked as he hum.

"Your father wanted to meet at your favorite cafe ..." answered Nat as I then held his arm as we walk.

"Nhu ! Nat !" I heard Father's voice. Nat lead me to the voice and I soon saw a familiar silhouette.

"Nhu .. son .. you're here .." said Phâaw.

"Come sit .." he said as he held my hand , leading me to seat. I sat down , placing my cane away. I then felt Nat sitting next to me.

"It's been awhile na .." said Phâaw.

"Why did you want to meet ?" I asked coldly.

"To check on you of course .. I heard your mother is out of town again." He said as I nod slowly , earning a chuckle.

"Irresponsible .." He muttered , enough for me to hear.

"I also heard she got you a caretaker." He said.

"Phâaw , do you have a problem ?" I asked , feeling my anger rise up.

"Nhu , calm down na .." said Nat , trying to calm me down.

"I have no problem son .. just that your mother is just being an irresponsible person , leaving her son just like that ... son I told you .. I can take care of you better .." he said making me frown.

"Says the one. You never once cared about me. Even when I had the accident , you didn't bother to come and see me at the hospital." I said coldly.

"So if you're telling me , Mae is irresponsible , think again , you were also an irresponsible father." I continued as I got up , grabbing my cane.

"I can't believe I am wasting my time to even come and have lunch with you." I said before storming off.

"Nhu !" Called Nat as I breathe out in anger. I walked out of the cafe , not knowing where I was going. I bumped into people as I walk as my surroundings was blurry and all I could see was colors and silhouette of people and objects.

"Nhu !!" I heard Nat's voice as I kept walking till it seems like it was the road. I breathe hard  , freezing in my track as my world became more blurry.

"N-Nat .." I breathed out , looking around helplessly. I soon hear a loud honk making my breath hitch and soon a hand grabbed my arm , pulling me back as I bumped into someone's chest.

"Watch where you're going kid !" Shouted the driver.

"Khun Nhu ?! .. you okay ?!" I heard a familiar deep voice making me lift my head up slowly seeing a familiar silhouette.

"Z-Zee .." I croaked shakily as I slowly reached my hand out slowly, placing on his cheeks as tears rolled down my cheeks. I let out a sob , hugging him tightly.

Zee's POV.

I breathe hard as I held Khun Nu against me tightly. I frown , caressing the back of his hair soothingly.

"It's okay .. I got you..." I breathed out as I lifted my head up seeing Nat and a man beside him on the other side of the road.

- later -

I pulled up to the house with Khun Nu holding me tightly by the waist as I parked my bike. I got down the bike first as I turn to Khun Nu and soon Nat's car pulled up. Nat got out of the car with the same man that was with him before. I look at him before taking Khun Nu's helmet off.

I placed the helmet aside as I helped Khun Nu down my bike. I held him close to me , walking over to where Nat is.

"Take him in first na .." I said to Nat as Nat nodded. I then hand Khun Nu to Nat. Nat held him tightly as the walked towards the house slowly.

"So , you must be the caretaker that my ex wife hired." Said the man as I nod.

"Krub." I answered.

"What's your name boy ?" He asked.

"Zee Pruk Krub." I said as he nod.

"Well if you didn't know , I am Nunew's father." He said as I nod slowly.

"It's surprising to see how my son is attached to you so fast." He said as I smile slightly.

"Take care of him. I'll take my leave." He said , walking away , getting into his car. I watch as he drove out of the place making me sigh before walking in the house.

I walked upstairs seeing Nat walking out of Khun Nu's room.

"How is he ?" I asked.

"He's still a little shaky .. he hasn't talk either .. I am going down to make some porridge for him .." answered Nat making me nod as he then walked past me. I sigh , walking into the room , closing the door behind me seeing Khun Nu seated on the edge of his bed with a weak expression on his face. I look down seeing him clutch his shaking hands. I breathe out before walking towards him. I stood in front of him before kneeling down. I look at him before clearing my throat.

"You are crazy .. you know that right , why would you go on the road yourself hm?" I chuckled.

"You're lucky I came in as superman to save your life .." I joked to make him smile.

"You owe me one na .." I teased as I look at him , seeing tears rolling down his cheek. I sigh , reaching my hand out to wipe his tears away making him look up to me.

"Why are you crying hm ? After I saved your life , you should be thanking me rather than crying .." I teased as he then hugged me tightly , sobbing on my shoulder. I smile softly , rubbing his back gently.

"You're going to be okay .. I am here .." I comforted softly.