Chapter 20: First Kiss

Start from the beginning

"But I am not very good at dancing, Krsh. I will embarrass you." I said in a small voice.

"Meera, you are my most prized possession. Give me the honor, please."

There was nothing else to say after what he said. I put my hand in his and it felt like the missing piece being completed in a puzzle. His hand was so warm.

We reached in the middle and he wrapped his one arm around my waist making goosebumps rise on my skin and holding my hand with his other. The musicians started playing the tune of 'main agar kahoon' song from the film 'om shanti om'. We swayed as the song took off. I know the lyrics by heart as I like this song. And seeing in Krsh's eyes with that intensity, I can say that it seems like he was saying the lines of the song to me. For me.

We were moving slowly with his hands around my bare waist making me conscious of myself and goosebumps all over my skin such that I was not able to maintain eye contact with him but I could feel his eyes on me.

"Look at me, Meera." And just like he had bound me in his spell I looked at him and realized how much I am falling for this man. We were close, too close , such that our noses were touching and when he started speaking again I could feel his breath on me.

"Angel, what are you doing to me? You are becoming my reason to get up every morning and work hard. I have never made these efforts for anyone and you are just making me aware of myself so much. I am shocked that I have this side also. I want to say so much Meera, but words are falling short to describe what I feel for you."

My heart pounded like the beat of the drum but still it felt at peace listening to those words in his husky voice. I wondered if he deliberately said in this tone knowing the effect it had on me. Never in my whole life has someone said something so deeply to me and hear him saying this and making it is as simple as breathing.

The music came to an end, everything came back to me, the date, the food, the dance. We were in the middle of dancing and there were people around and we were so close and him saying something like this in front of people made me blush harder than I can.

"Don't be shy, Meera, they didn't listen to a word I said to you. After all, they were only for you to hear. But I have something more to say but before that I would like you to read those letters. Though I am not much of a writer of something, I have tried to write a little of what I feel for you. But......"

"Krsh, whatever is written in the letters is from your heart and they will be more treasured for me than any other words or letters in the world." I decided to interrupt him since I can see how nervous he is.

We then went to the small tent-like space and he made me sit such that his front hard chest touched my back and his back supported by the pillows and then he made the blanket wrapped around us. It felt so warm like the sun in winter and then he gave me the first letter to read. I opened it and started reading.