(Pokémon) Ash x reader

I was so exited! Mrs. Ketchum had just gotten a message from her son Ash, he was coming home! He was coming home for the Pokémon parade and festival instead of coming to see me, but he was still coming! I couldn't stop thinking about what he said to me last time I saw him.

Name, next time I see you I'll be a Pokémon master! And I'll make sure to show you something that you've never seen before!

I blushed, what exactly did that mean? I know we were just kids back then and it was probably something completely innocent. But, still...I was older now. We both were, so does that mean it means something different now? Does Ash even remember? I saw a plane descending in the distance, "he's here!" My heat skipped a beat, Ash. "Pika-chu!" My Pikachu cried in her high-pitched voice, her lightning bolt tail wagging back and forth excitedly. (I love the tail!) I smiled, "I'm exited too."

"Pika-chu!" She called again. I took off down the trail towards the airport with my Pikachu on my shoulders.

That's when I saw him, his jet black hair and light brown eyes. Wow, I breathed. He's really changed. "Pikachu", My Pokémon agreed. That's when he spotted me, "Name! He cried, running down to me. I smiled and blushed as Ash hugged me. He pulled away and gave me a strange look, Name are you ok? You look like you have a fever." I laughed awkwardly, "no Ash I'm fine. How have you been?"

Me and Ash walked through town, talking and laughing just like we used to when we were young. Ash may look different but he hadn't changed a bit, he was still that fun and dense little 10 year old I remembered. Both our Pikachus ran around our feet, playing with each other while we talked and joked. "So how is your internship?" Ash asked. "My? Oh right! I smiled, remembering. Well it's not an internship anymore. I'm now the head assistant at the Pokémon center, I have a uniform and everything."

"Wow that's great!" Ash cried, out of nowhere Ash looked down at the ground and pulled his hat down to cover his face. "Ash? I asked, what's wrong?"

"It's just, Ash looked up at me with sad eyes. I broke my promise, I didn't become a Pokémon Master before seeing you again."

"Oh Ash, I breathed. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. Don't be upset about something like that, I got your message. You have 8 badges already don't you?" Ash sniffled, "yeah." I took off Ash's hat and put it on my head, making a funny face to cheer him up. Ash chuckled, "you always know how to make me feel better. You're a great friend."

"Yeah, I muttered. Friend."

We were about to keep walking when we heard a noise come from the bushes. "Did you hear that?" I asked. Both Pikachus growled (Can Pokémon growl?) at the noise. Yeah, Ash muttered. He lifted a Pokédex out of his pocket and pointed it at the bush. A strange Pokémon appeared on the screen. It looked like a bunny, with cream colored fur and two ribbon like things coming from both it's back and left ear they were tipped with blue. It had a pink fox tail, pink paws and pink ears and face frame. Two pink and white bows, one on like a tie, the other on it's left ear. It smiled on the screen with bright blue eyes. Sylveon! the dex announced, the valentine Pokémon! Sylveon has been known to be attracted to young, kind trainers and using the ribbons on it's body can make them feel certain emotions.

I was a little worried about the "certain emotions" especially since it was a valentine Pokémon. "Cool! Ash cried, let's catch it Pikachu!"

"Wait what!? I cried, Ash you can't just attack! What if it's injured!?"

"Huh? Ash looked at me, oh right." He turned back to Pikachu, "get it out of there Pikachu!" Pikachu looked a little confused but he scampered into the bushes and wrestled out the Sylveon. It looked ticked. It glared at me, thinking I had attacked it. Using it's ribbons Sylveon shot pink hearts and stars at me. "Name look out!" Ash cried. He jumped in front of me at the last minute, taking the full force of the move. "Ash! I cried as he fell backward. I knelt down and laid his head in my lap, Ash are you ok?"