(Pokémon) Ash x Reader: Part 3

Reader's POV

I sighed contently. Ash and I were laying the green grass looking at the clouds. Pikachu curled up on Ash's lap. "What are you thinking about?" Ash asked, breaking our silence. I shrugged. "Stuff I guess." I frowned. "You're leaving tomorrow." Ash wrapped his arm around me. "You could come with me." He offered. But I shook my head. This was my home, I had a job to do. my internet was here, and my bed.

"I'm sorry, Ash." I told him, squeezing his arm. "I can't go." He looked disappointed to say the least. "Ok, I'm going to miss you."

I nodded in agreement. "I'll miss you too." Pikachu sat up on Ash's lap and tapped the young trainer on the chest. Ash laughed. "Hungry buddy?" Pikachu nodded and hopped off of Ash, his tail waging expectedly. "Ok then." Ash smiled. "Lets get something to eat then." Ash took my hand and we walked to a small restaurant. Ash sat across from me, Pikachu at his side.

"What are you hungry for (Y/N)?" Ash asked. I shrugged. "I could go for anything right now." So Ash ordered us all food and we waited.

We ate and talked about old times, how much fun it was just being kids back then. We paid and left. That's when Ash took me to the lake, the water sparling in the afternoon sun. I took his hand in mine and knit our fingers together. We stood there for a few minutes, enjoying each other. That is until I noticed Ash wasn't looking at the water, he was staring at me. "What?" I asked. "Is there something on my face?"

He smiled and nodded. Pressing his lips onto mine. It wasn't hungry or rough like our other ones, this one was soft and warm. Like walking into a warm house from a snowy blizzard. When he pulled away -all too soon- he smiled at me again. "I love you."

My body went stiff, he didn't really just say that...did he? Ash's face fell. "(Y/N)? (Y/N) are you ok? I'm rushing into things again aren't I?"

I wrapped my arms around him. "No, no. I love you too. It's just...you caught me off guard." A sigh of relief left Ash's lips. "Good, I never want to ruin our relationship. That's why I lied and pretended to by under that spell. So I had an excuse just in case you didn't feel the same way." I smiled and took his face in my hands. "You're a dork. But you're my dork."