selecting members

lee hoetaek was the first to choose his members, it was important to choose those that you believe will work well and fit the image of what you believe is a good performance. dawn had confidence that hoetaek would choose well especially since he's a known professional at what he does.

it wouldn't be a shock if he chose all of the all stars considering that they were all talented, as he got closer to the selection area every k group member was now hoping it would be them. even though dawn was in g group, he also wished that he was chosen as hoetaek was an idol a famous one too so it would be honoured to be chosen by him.

finally, it was revealed that he had finished choosing his members. first, he had chosen sung hanbin which was a power move especially since he was the center and was loved amongst the fans, it was clear that whoever was competing against them would lose already. next up he chose le yedam, hoetaek was good at choosing and had a good eye for talent especially since yedam was a master at dancing.

slowly, the g group was getting anxious not wanting to face these powerful forces. followed up was lee jeonghyeon, dawn didn't really know him as much but he must have been a rapper from all he heard and that was an another smart move since you always needed a rapper no matter what in a battle like this. oh sungmin who was apart of the top nine was chosen, he must have been going for the popular members too.

another great rapper was chosen as a young trainee, han seobin, was chosen by the former idol. there was only one spot left and everyone who could wanted this as this was a guaranteed win for those who were apart of this team. that was when gyuvin's name was called out, dawn looked for him and he saw him smiling, dawn cheered loudly knowing that one of his yuehua friends would definitely make it to the next round.

dawn looked at the team one last time and didn't want to face against them at all, that's when he realised he was going up next. to be honest, dawn didn't really want to choose his close friends especially since he didn't want to be the reason why they lost or be eliminated so he decided it was best if he chose people that were talented but not as close.

"dawn wang of g-group, please move forward." loud claps could be heard as dawn slowly moved towards the front where he was given a microphone and looked at the following trainees.

"the first trainee i choose is anthonny." dawn chose him as he was quite a good singer and since he was popular with the audience, he decided that was good for the team. as anthonny made his way to dawn, he immediately thanked him as he was afraid of not being chosen.

"the second trainee i choose is jay." this was an obvious choice, jay had amazing vocals and he knew that they needed a strong vocalist against any other vocalists so jay was a good choice.

"the next trainee i choose is wumiti." although him and dawn never spoke, wumiti left a strong impression on dawn during the signal song test. dawn's never really caught his attention until that moment, he never noticed how good his vocals were so they needed someone like him.

"the next trainee i choose is haru." right now the team had strong vocals but they also needed a strong dancer and that was when haru would come in, during the star level test dawn caught notice of his cover of maniac by stray kids and noticed his clear and strong moves.

"the next trainee i choose is dang honghai." this was a trainee no one expected to see being chosen this early but dawn wanted to choose the underdogs and he knew how talented he was so this was a clear strategy for him.

"the last trainee i choose is haruto." he was both strong at dancing and rapping so it was clear to choose him. but all of a sudden, haruto started full on sprinting towards him and gave him a big hug. dawn was so shocked that he couldn't speak, they weren't close but this was just shocking.

the team was created and dawn was proud of who he was going to work with for the next mission, as they made their way to the other side, hoetaek whispered to dawn:

"i hope we don't compete together, you guys are quite a threat." he laughed while saying it as he also had a look of fear, gyuvin was waving to dawn despite the last night him looking quite upset and walking off with yujin and ricky. dawn waved back seeing the fact that he looked better, he lead his team to the stairs where they lined up.

"dawn, thank you for choosing me. i wanted to be in a team with you if im being honest." jay said as he gave dawn a hug, dawn was happy to hear that as much as jay wanted to be on his team that's all he cared about since he was a vocal powerhouse.

jiwoong was up next and you could tell by his expression that he was going to choose powerful trainees, this was proven when his first pick was yujin. despite being one of the younger trainees, he was definitely one of the best dancers and that was a smart choice by jiwoong. majority of his choices were all stars such as yunseo, junhyeon, minseong and yujin. a talented vocalist taerae was also asked to join but dawn was shocked to see a one star join them, jongwoo.

he's never really seen him besides the fact that he performed with jiwoong during the star level test so perhaps jiwoong choose his friend but still his team was powerful.

next up was keita, now this was exciting. he had chosen all of the remaining all stars such as zhang hao, wang zi hao, and seok matthew which was a smart move as they were also the more popular members too. he was followed up by min, a thai trainee who was known for his dancing and chen kuanjui who had a fast memory to remember choreo. but the exciting part was when they decided not to add anymore members which meant they were going to perform kill this love.

now whoever wanted to face them, should be prepared to lose. they had strong dancers, vocalists and rappers so they were the ace team in dawns opinion.

"smart move!" dawn said to keita as he walked past, keita gave a mischievous smile and thanked him. there were more teams that were created, some not as good but some as good. hwanhee was up next when he chose four other members including park gunwook, then he decided that was enough and was going to perform kill this love.

as much as he wanted to be unbiased, it was clear who was going to win the battle between the two. as much as the k team was talented, they just weren't going to beat keita's team.

the teams were all created, dawn looked at those who weren't selected in a team. he felt bad as they worked really hard to be here to just not be selected into a team, it must have been really embarrassing but that's how life was. that's when he realised takuto was apart of them, he couldn't stop but feel guilty for not choosing him. he was hard working and cute, but he lacked some skills.

as the teams were now done, there was a room where the list of songs were placed. in that room, you and your teammates were going to select a song together and that's when you will meet the team. a twist was included, the team with the highest ranked member will go first in that order. dawn looked at his team in excitement as they had a huge advantage so they better use it wisely.

both teams from each group who had the highest ranked member were now heading to the room, dawn lead his team to that room and noticed a wall with panels of the songs.

"i just wanna avoid hoetaek's team." haruto said as he laughed, dawn agreed as he knew that if he did face them they were going to lose and he couldn't face that. they needed the benefits to continue to the next round, he needed to stay in.

"i chose you guys since i believe we all have the same concept which is the young and bubbly concept, so if it's okay with you guys, i think we should do very nice or love me right?" dawn offered as the members looked at each other seeing if they should do it or not.

"i agree with dawn. the thing is hoetaek's team will probably do a stronger dance as they all have strong dancing." jay added on as finally the team came to an agreement, dawn grabbed the panel and was now given a room to enter.

"let's go!" the team was now heading to the room they were going to.

"can you hear voices?"